Game CTDs at startup after last update.

ArmoredTroll

I'm also having these issues, instead of making another thread I'll contribute to this one. I have also done the normal routine with antivirus, mod disabling, verify integrity etc etc. Even ran FO4 edit to look for conflicts and I got nothing. Script extender and all mods that need it are up to date. The game just crashes upon launch, I don't even get to the Bethesda logo.

Edited by MrHildebrand

I seemed to be having a similar issue to this. I read on here somewhere a suggestion to update all our F4SE-dependent mods. Tried it and everything's working well again.

Just a suggestion as I'd hate for Creation Club to drive more people away from the game

I have also found a temporary solution. I stared having the launcher loop issue again when I try to run the exe. Renaming the launcher to Fallout4Launcher1 and the Fallout4.exe to Fallout4Launcher.exe seems to have fixed the issue and I can start the game. However this means I can't use any of my script extender mods.

Edited by MrHildebrand

I have also found a temporary solution. I stared having the launcher loop issue again when I try to run the exe. Renaming the launcher to Fallout4Launcher1 and the Fallout4.exe to Fallout4Launcher.exe seems to have fixed the issue and I can start the game. However this means I can't use any of my script extender mods.

Wow that actualy worked for me, not sure why.

Guys I figured it out. It's the X-box DVR for windows. This worked for me without changing the name of the exicutables. You have to do the following.

1. Open Registry Editor (Run > regedit)
  2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore
  3. Set the value of DWORD "GameDVR_Enabled" to 0
  4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\
  5. Create key "GameDVR".
  6. Create DWORD 32bit called "AllowGameDVR" and set to 0
  7. Restart your computer.

The last update forced F4SE to patch to 5.0. But if you patch F4SE you have to update every mod, that uses F4SE. And they are not all updated at the moment.

So either play without those mods, or downgrade to 1.9.4.

And for the future, disable auto-update for Fallout. Every time Bethesda patches, they swrew something up. Best solution ist to wait, until someone (not Bethesda) fixes the crap they´ve done.

The last update forced F4SE to patch to 5.0. But if you patch F4SE you have to update every mod, that uses F4SE. And they are not all updated at the moment.

So either play without those mods, or downgrade to 1.9.4.

And for the future, disable auto-update for Fallout. Every time Bethesda patches, they swrew something up. Best solution ist to wait, until someone (not Bethesda) fixes the crap they´ve done.

This ended up being my issue too. Found a mod that seems to have been abandoned so it will never get updated. Weird how it just broke the game. Before the mods just wouldn't work if their version didn't match the script extender. Thanks Bethesda.

• 1 year later...

I'm having a similar problem. But I've noticed that it's from my creation club stuff. I purchased it all legit, but uploaded it to google because for some reason, BethNet takes F O R E V E R to download the creations. Well, I went and installed them as normal, but upon bootup, I've noticed that my game will initiate the online check, and then poof. instant CTD. I went and moved all the creations to a subfolder I created just thinking that maybe that was my problem... sure as s#*!, my game runs fine. So, my guess is that even though it's reading the download codes as codes attached to my account, they're not tied to my particular instance of Fallout 4, and that's causing the crash? I really dont wanna break down and download E V E R Y single creation from BethNet again, if I can avoid it. So does anyone have a workaround at all?