F.Harbor: Obtain Longfellow's Cabin Settlement/ Complete Walk in Park with Nick Valentine?

kevkiev

There's a small blurb on the wiki indicating that you don't need to take Old Longfellow as a companion to complete Walk in the Park and obtain Longfellow's Cabin as a settlement. According to the wiki, it seems that, once you get to Acadia you unlock Longfellow's Cabin as a settlement by returning to Far Harbor and engaging Longfellow in Dialogue. And it implies that Walk in the Park completes automatically upon discovering Acadia.

Just wanted to confirm that this is all legit - I'm just starting Far Harbor and would prefer to stick with Nick throughout.

PS: I've done a handful of sidequests and, so far, I'm absolutely lovin' the DLC. Very cool worldspace and characters.

Ah, one of those deals, thanks much for the info. After reading your reply I found a youtube vid where the player had Nick as a companion and, sure enough, once they all got to Acadia the unlock workshop message box came up. (i.e. before the dialogue where you can choose Longfellow as a companion.)

I don't think I have ever had Longfellow as a companion. He struck me as an (even more) boring and overweight alcoholic version of Father. In my current playthrough all I did was surround his cabin with Gauss Bubble Turrets and pretty much left him to it.

I tried him once, but he hated everything I did (joined a faction and RP'd it) and the usual do-gooder likes and dislikes so I sent him back to his cabin.

These days I don't even bother letting him be a guide. I just leave him in the tavern.

I tried him once, but he hated everything I did (joined a faction and RP'd it) and the usual do-gooder likes and dislikes so I sent him back to his cabin.

These days I don't even bother letting him be a guide. I just leave him in the tavern.

the game as a whole has too many goody two shoes companions i would say.