What to do with Creation Club situation?

1Shep8ardov

I love mods and love people who do them. But Bethesda's creation club is the wall between my love and mods.

What do to? How to live?

I would never think before that once will be a day without mods.

I even would like to pay for them, but stupidly the price is to high for me ( I did some maths and from that I've got I'll need to pay about 2000$ to 4000$ to get modding experience I usually have)

In my dream there is a way for modding community to live and it's OBSIDIAN WITH THEIR OPEN WORLD 3-D PERSON RPG WHICH CONTAIN OPPORTUNITY FOR MODDING.

... but what about the future of Bethesda's RPG modding?

free modding will continue to be a thing in the future. i see games being modded which developers never even cared to publish modding tools.

Edited by maverikch

( I did some maths and from that I've got I'll need to pay about 2000$ to 4000$ to get modding experience I usually have)

Sounds about right. it's becoming the norm.

Just look at this on Steam. It's dlc, not mods.. but still:

Train Simulator, 389 add-ons:

000037.jpg

Yeah.. that's right.. over $5000.

That's where we are heading. A lot of great mods will disappear behind a paywall.

Because of greed. Disgusting.

You do know that free mods will still always be available right?

Sure, but I really scared that people will move to Creation Club

CC is very picky. most mods are not allowed and will not be allowed. stop worryin friend

Thanks! Picky? But Hellfire and Stelthsuit (few of my fav mods) are there. Yes, they are still on nexus too, but . . . Eh, in my mind mods are a thing which is done not for money, but if you get money you can do more mods, so hard to keep it in mind.

... but what about the future of Bethesda's RPG modding?

free modding will continue to be a thing in the future. i see games being modded which developers never even cared to publish modding tools.

That's great!