What to do with Creation Club situation?

1Shep8ardov

( I did some maths and from that I've got I'll need to pay about 2000$ to 4000$ to get modding experience I usually have)

Sounds about right. it's becoming the norm.

Just look at this on Steam. It's dlc, not mods.. but still:

Train Simulator, 389 add-ons:

000037.jpg

Yeah.. that's right.. over $5000.

That's where we are heading. A lot of great mods will disappear behind a paywall.

Because of greed. Disgusting.

Sadly I think so to, as for me Creation Club is a platform like CS GO or Dota 2, there you just pay for skins.

Edited by makar55

I looked at the link to CC on my my loading screen and I fancied the Military Backpack. I clicked on "Purchase Credits". It opens a small window with a cursor which is mostly invisible unless it is in the centre so I struggle with it for a couple of minutes then give up. They need to try harder.

Mea culpa from me. I was positive about the Creation Club but I also recognized that the success of the Creation Club would depend on how much the mods cost. Each mod costs many times what it is worth, in my opinion. $4 for stealth armor and so on.

• 4 weeks later...

Just keep supporting places like Nexusmods and the modders directly. Avoid supporting the new industry standard of excessive micotransactions. The latest flavor of this in the industry now is the damn loot boxes :( No more leveling up or earning it via playing the game and achievements, nope... you loot it via gamble boxes.

Support Nexus, support your favorite Modders. Be nice.

I'm a modder too and i can say, i create mods because its "fun" to create and develop them. I can't understand modders that insist to be paid for their. They shouldnt have started to create mods, if its only because of the money they want. When you start modding, you know that you give your work out for free. Of course money is nice to have but it was the fun part of modding which started everything.

No matter what, i don't want to create any mod for Bethesda, because then i would lose my soul and be a cheap wh*%# that gets milked.

• 3 weeks later...

Warhamster $40K. After learning how that company treated customers and dealers, I resolved to never buy anything from that company. Also I beat the "Magic The Gathering" addiction. Remember Nancy Reagan, and "Just Say No". I heard today Fallout 4 was on sale for $15. But I prefer modded Elder Scrolls. Maybe, only $15! Hmmmm. Creation Club??? Sigh. Wanna play board games? Disc Golf? Hearts? Rubber band shootout? Read epic novels?

There is nothing wrong about buying Fallout 4, specially when its on sale. Its wrong to buy Bethesdas cheap made and bugged mods from the creation club. (Which excludes the official DLCs)

Before you buy a mod from the Creation Club, you should take that money and give it to the authors of the free mods you are using.

I will never understand the excitement.

I mean, I using mods since the time of Starcraft:Broodwar (not the remake, the original) and Halflife 1. And since then, free modding was never in danger. Never. And so is it today.

That would only change, if the content user's stop using sites like the nexus (and only stick on the ingame shops and so on). As long as they do - free modding will always be a topic. At least - the demand determines the offer.

Besides that, I am happy for every modder who earns enough money to make a living with his hobby. The few I know, using then all there time to produce even more mods. Even I know not 1 Fallout 4 modder who reaches this goal -> correct me if I am wrong.

But that is besides the point. As long, as free mods are also avaible for a game and no one forces me to buy something, I am fine with payed mods.

Besides that, I am happy for every modder who earns enough money to make a living with his hobby. The few I know, using then all there time to produce even more mods. Even I know not 1 Fallout 4 modder who reaches this goal -> correct me if I am wrong.

Its probably also impossible to make a living as a mod developer. Its only good to get some money along with your job. You have a very very unsafe future with a job as a mod developer.

There are probably already a lot of people who buy creation club items. Bethesda got their foot in the paid mods door and cash streams in. No matter how big the shitstorm is, its a shitstorm with a lot of money. Best example is EA.

"Everyone" hates them but in the end, they will buy it.

Activision.... Call of Duty Infinite Warfare... most hated, most sold in 2016. Best selling game of the year.

In some years... not 2 or 5, lets say 10-20 years, the market will shift even more to paid content and then free content will be gone.

Maybe Fallout 5 will already have lootboxes. You never know... Shadow of War's loot boxes were the biggest surprise to me. Never ever would have thought that this could happen. Really loved Shadow of Mordor and it was worth every €. But Shadow of War? Not even worth to pirate that s#*!. Its disgusting how greed is the big thing now. Its all about creating the game in a special way to make the most profit.

If the creation club stays as it is now and free modding is still a thing and we dont get cut. (Free modders receive a limited version of the CK and premium modders get a full version)

Also... something that people may forget. The script extender is the heart of free modding. Bethesda probably wont allow a mod to rely on it and are also not allowed to use it. Free modding will always be superior.

Yes, I said it already, that I have not see that in the f4/bethesda modding scene.

I just think, that it is ok to calm down a bit. I don't see any danger in the cc. Even not in the future. Maybe also, because nothing there is for me interessting. I usually look for bugfixes, quest, new land and follower mods and the cc provides that not (and will not).