If a Fallout 4 Creation Kit user has ever asked you "How do I block important warning messages?", and you told them to use "bBlockMessageBoxes=1", you can be assured that it did NOT work for them.
This is because the Fallout 4 Creation Kit has a different INI setting for blocking warnings than the Skyrim Creation Kit. The Skyrim kit setting "bBlockMessageBoxes" only exists in the Skyrim Creation Kit. It does not exist in the Fallout 4 Creation Kit. (There is more explanation below if you want a background on how this came about.)
The New Setting to block "Important Warnings" in the Fallout 4 Creation Kit:
Add this setting to: CreationKitCustom.ini
[GENERAL]

bHideImportantWarnings=1

I tested the setting above myself in the Fallout 4 Creation Kit on an esp file that happens to generates a lot of "Important Warnings", as a large overhaul mod. When activated, it effectively eliminates the display of the "Important Warning" pop-up messages shown when the file is loading (if it has them).

Hiding the Important Warnings is easy enough to turn on/off case by case if you want: 1= on, 0= off.

-------

*** This came up when I posted for help because "bBlockMessageBoxes" wasn't working with a file that generated hundreds of these warnings. I was assisted by member BigAndFlabby, who generously helped look into the issue with me HERE.

*** FYI: At present, I really don't know much about why these messages come up. I may look into it. Maybe someone out there already knows. If you know how a mod can be adjusted to prevent the kit from triggering them in the first place, please share. I'd like to know, and I'm sure someone else does too.

------

Skyrim Creation Kit / Fallout 4 Creation Kit
I think the confusion behind why the Skyrim setting has been suggested to all CK users comes from the fact that both kits share so much in common. Even Bethesda directs new Fallout 4 modders to the "Skyrim" Creation Kit tutorials. So it's a reasonable assumption that the two kits would share the setting in common (but they don't).
To add to the confusion, if an FO4 kit user asks how to block warnings and is given the Skyrim setting to try, when they report that the setting isn't working, a Skyrim kit user might say that it works for them. It's easily passed off as user error, or a conflict specific to that users settings (not a conflict with the kit).

There aren't a ton of FO4 mods that generate "Important Warnings" either. The ones that do might have 1 or 2 of them; a low enough number to tolerate, click OK to each and move on. An FO4 kit modder wouldn't be compelled to look into blocking them until they open a file that generates a LOT of them. Maybe they use this Skyrim setting and never had a file generate a lot of them, so they assume it is working? Not sure. If it has been looked into and this "new" setting has been all over the Internet, I certainly haven't seen it.

I figured I'd put the setting up here in case others are interested in knowing what setting does work in the FO4 kit, and for people having an issue with bBlockMessageBoxes.

I would add that I would not recommend leaving this setting on all the time. There may be instances where you edit your own mod, or someone else's which would otherwise generate an important warning that you should/would want to see. I would only enable the hide option when you're loading a mod you know to be problematic, or at least ok to ignore the warnings.

You could easily just edit the =1 to =0 to turn it off. Then just change it back to =1 when you want to hide the warnings. Alternatively you can use a comment character on the line (a semi-colon ";") to have the ini parser just skip it. This is my preferred method for "toggle" options that I use.

• 5 months later...

This is useful to know, thank you. But I'd rather recommend to make it show only Current File errors. Can't remember how, but it's quite easy and took may be 5 mins to figure out. There will be still a few vanilla errors, maybe 3-4. But that's ok and it really helps to check your file.

• 9 months later...