Better subtitles and audio distance

Tigermanic

Hey everybody, I love Skyrim, all the random stuff people say and compelling quest dialogue, both base game and mods. But I'm a bit hard of hearing and even having voices at max and everything else at 1/4 volume I still have a hard time understand when multiple people are talking in game, or when someone is too far away to activate subtitles.

So I was wondering if somebody could go in and make subtitles stack on top of each other instead of having to flip flop priority to each individual speaking near me. And add names to those subtitles for tracking who says what. Perhaps even color coding, red for enemies, blue for guards, etc.

I don't know how hard it is to edit the subtitles since I have not seen anyone do it. I assume it's just because nobody has thought it was bad enough to need an upgrade yet. But I know I would greatly appreciate a better accessibility then the current subtitles allow.

On a similar vein, could there also be audio drop off slider. Instead of having far off voices Fade to silence, have a slider that keeps audio from dipping below a volume. That way even far away people are still no quieter than 1/4 volume?

• 1 year later...

Yeah, It's always annoying when I run around with a follower and I can't understand them because of the noise and they are too far away for the subtitles to trigger or the subtitles get overwritten by a bandit going ARG!!!1!