.xnb restore modding help

3 replies to this topic

eeveelover9

eeveelover9

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So I'm totally new to modding, and I've been experimenting with a few different things to try and make my game more interesting that I just reached Year 2, and sure enough, one of the mods I got had me replace one of the original Content .xnbs to theirs, and I found out that it changed one of the sprites in the game from the regular Void Mayo into what looks like a bench... and I'm not sure I want to find out if there's anything else it replaced. It's totally gonna bother me if I keep it this way. I don't know if there's a way to restore the old .xnb, because I was stupid and didn't save the original elsewhere first... is there a way I can redownload the original .xnb without reinstalling the game and losing all my hard work? D:

Attached Thumbnails

• bug for crystal path recolor.png

Cylesburk

Cylesburk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

You can backup your save file to reinstall the game without losing any of your hard work. What was the xnb file that was replaced? I may upload a zipped folder with the most commonly replaced xnb files so people can have a readily available backup.

As for backing up your save files. Open a new file explorer, click on the main entry box at the top and type "%appdata%" without the quotes, search for your Stardew Valley folder, then the Saves folder, then copy the folder inside that folder that is associated with your character (should be charactername_########) to a backup folder. uninstall the game, and then reinstall the game (also make a backup folder containing all of the mods you have before uninstalling so you can quickly copy all of your mods back in to the mods folder after you re-install.

Hope this helps.

eeveelover9

eeveelover9

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

You can backup your save file to reinstall the game without losing any of your hard work. What was the xnb file that was replaced? I may upload a zipped folder with the most commonly replaced xnb files so people can have a readily available backup.

As for backing up your save files. Open a new file explorer, click on the main entry box at the top and type "%appdata%" without the quotes, search for your Stardew Valley folder, then the Saves folder, then copy the folder inside that folder that is associated with your character (should be charactername_########) to a backup folder. uninstall the game, and then reinstall the game (also make a backup folder containing all of the mods you have before uninstalling so you can quickly copy all of your mods back in to the mods folder after you re-install.

Hope this helps.

I couldn't remember the files I did replace, so I took your advice on reinstalling the game, and it's all perfectly fine now. :D Thank you so much for the advice! I'll be sure to save copies of whatever I decide to try and mod next time. <3

Verogames

Verogames

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
When you mod xnb files rename the original something like house-original.xnb and you wont ne confused in the future ð

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: .xnb, restore, modding, help

Page loaded in: 1.100 seconds