Personal (extensive) Fallout 4 Technical Problems

ArcaneDesmond

If anyone can help,

Today I wiped out my Fallout 4 files, saves, backups quite literally everything and did a fresh clean install. After downloading the 1.10.2 F4SE Installer I went on ahead and installed it as normal then opened up NMM. Next I downloaded the latest files for DEF_UI, AWKCR and Valdaci's Item Sorter. After very carefully following Gopher's instructions on how to install these mods along with the others in his short playlist I hit play. Game starts up then crashes; so I deleted all but DEF_UI, AWKCR and Valdaci's Item Sorter. Again it crashes so I removed all of the mods except F4SE and again tried to start the game (got to the main menu, hit play) then it crashes again. Removed F4SE "Verified File Integrity" says everything is fine. Deleted everything from Steam/SteamApps/Common/Fallout4 folder and did a clean install again. Vanilla seems to run just fine but as soon as I add any mods from the Nexus via NMM for some reason the game just locks up on startup then freezes. Am I losing my mind or did Bethesda inadvertently block any mods installed from any other source than their own mod source? I honestly do not know what to do, I can continue to play Fallout 3 as an LP and move on to Fallout New Vegas but Fallout 4 just seems broken to me.

If anyone knows why fallout 4 is broke or if I am doing something wrong please help me out. As it stands right now I have followed Gopher's tutorials to the nano-second of every video by pausing continuously and working along with them. Currently I am downloading Fallout 4 again for the 3rd time today so it will be a clean install so I am open to suggestions. F4SE will not be installed unless someone can come up with a solution as to why it no longer works. You could install it, add a desktop short-cut and double-click, get a brief black screen then back to the desktop; as I've said I have already tried everything the Reddit & Gopher's tutorials could throw at me.