NMM "An exception occured in the script" [New Vegas]

Mjoker

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a developing situation, so solutions are trickling in.

Some people are finding that even after updating NMM to v0.65.4 they still get a "script exception" message when installing some mods (such as UIO and MCM). This seems to be resolved by this suggestion from user ElysianMod:

• Run NMM as an "Administrator privileges" account.
  • Go to NMM "Settings".
  • Enable "Add Shell Extensions for Supported File Types".
  • Then restart NMM.

-Dubious-

Holy molly, finally! I thought there is no hope left in this world! Thank you very much!

I know this is an old thread but i recently found a solution that worked for me.

>right click your shortcut or NMM.exe and go to properties

>look for the tab at the top labeled securities

>select your user account or whatever administrator account you are under, i.e [email protected]

>click the edit button located under the box listing the user accounts

>make sure all option are selected, from full control to special permissions

This is from a windows 8 asus pc, also dont bother trying to change the permissions for the system it wont let you unless you know some 1337 hacker type stuff.

Hope this works im gonna try to spread it around other forums and threads! it only took like 5+ years to figure out :laugh:

This works for me. Thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...

so i unpacked it ran nmm as an administrator and i still get the same message "an exception has occured in the script" i cant copy the error message but at the end it says "the zone of the assembly that failed was :my computer

Edited by brandon10bennett

I know this is an old thread but i recently found a solution that worked for me.

>select your user account or whatever administrator account you are under, i.e [email protected]

This is from a windows 8 asus pc, also dont bother trying to change the permissions for the system it wont let you unless you know some 1337 hacker type stuff.

Hope this works im gonna try to spread it around other forums and threads! it only took like 5+ years to figure out :laugh:

thank you jesus

D

thank you jesus

Does this mean it's fixed for you? I've just gone through the whole thread and the quoted post isn't what fixed it for me, but I have sorted it out now.