How do I know a music has copyright? (For modding)

RadioactiveGat

Howdy! I'm making another radio station and before messing it up again, could someone teach me how to see if a song has copyright or not?

I'm trying to use Youtube's ''Ad-supported music'', and as far as I know, if the song doesnt show up on the list, it doenst have copyright correct? Thx

What you want to know is if the music is free to use rather than if it has copyright. Most freeware music is marked as such. Also you can check the public domain archives for more multimedia material.

What you want to know is if the music is free to use rather than if it has copyright. Most freeware music is marked as such. Also you can check the public domain archives for more multimedia material.

So, if its free, I can use it in my mod correct? And could you be more specific in how do I know if a song is free please? As I said before, I'm using the Youtube's ''Ad-supported music'' hoping the songs I want to use wont show there you know? Thanks m8

Has it been made? Yes? Then it is copywrited.

Unless the creator gives clear permissions you cannot use the music.

In that case, I'm actually pretty surprised nexus has that huge amount of Radio Stations tho.

Ethreon explained why there are so many radio mods in his comment. The songs copywrite holder has to explicitly say the music can be openly used by anyone. Being free is not enough. I do not believe you can use Youtubes ad supported music

Ethreon explained why there are so many radio mods in his comment. The songs copywrite holder has to explicitly say the music can be openly used by anyone. Being free is not enough. I do not believe you can use Youtubes ad supported music

Got it. So, the most 'accurate' way to do that would be going on every music video and see if it can be used in the 'License' field there? (Besides obtaining permission from the copyright holders, of course)

Well, I usually see 'standart youtube license' at the license field. Do you know what that means? (and if I can use the content or not?)

I didnt got it, maybe 'cause english is not my native language. Should I place the songs names in those websites and see if they show or not? 'Cause I'm not finding a single song I want use in those websites. (And just to mention, they're pretty old)

Thanks for your patience cat