ScorchedSky

you should be able to fix the blocky fog/smoke by running the skyrim launcher and increasing the shadow quality.

also, most weather overhauls aren't compatible, such as the weathers plugin from elfx and vivid weathers.

My smoke is fine, like from torches and fires but the fog effects on waterfalls and sometimes snowy winds end up blocky or with this weird rainbow coloring as if its missing textures. Same goes for the night sky, it keeps getting these weird missing texture patches even after a fresh install. This is so annoying because I always use ELFX to make the lighting warmer and not like everything is lit by a dim florescent light. As for the weather one...it's more that I like being able to see what I'm doing especially in snowy weather. I never used to have all these problems and they've worked fine before. I don't know why it's suddenly different this time...

elfx weathers and vivid weathers aren't compatible. the rest of elfx should be fine.

Any suggestions on a better weather mod then since Vivid Weathers seems to be such a pain in the butt? XD

S

elfx weathers and vivid weathers aren't compatible. the rest of elfx should be fine.

Any suggestions on a better weather mod then since Vivid Weathers seems to be such a pain in the butt? XD

Actually, I'm going to try out Climates of Tamriel and see how that turns out. Already uninstalled Vivid Weathers.

Good news! Climates of Tamriel fixed my pixlated fog and water vapor issue! I still haven't checked the night sky yet but I have high hopes. Now all that's left is the lantern texture issue and the naked npcs.

Edited by ScorchedSky

Lantern: Have you tried using the Loose files version of the Lantern Mod?

NPCs: You are probably going to have to load up all your esp's in Tes5Edit, sort for conflicts, then go to the nekkid NPC's in to see what mod is overwriting their clothing/armor.

like i tried to say, the pixelated fog happens when shadow resolution is set too low with vivid weathers. weather mods aren't compatible with each other. so even if you switch to a different combination of 2 different ones, they're still not compatible. every one i've encountered says as much in the description.

Edited by ymf331

NPCs: You are probably going to have to load up all your esp's in Tes5Edit, sort for conflicts, then go to the nekkid NPC's in to see what mod is overwriting their clothing/armor.

I've tried both versions of that lantern mod and the only thing I can figure is that I must still have an old retexture that it's conflicting with. Maybe I'll try the esp version one last time after completely removing both versions then reinstalling it. Also I attempted to do the conflict check but I'm not sure if I did it correctly. It did say something about a Fine Raiment though which doesn't make sense because the npcs I've seen with the naked problem have so far all been normal class npcs who wouldn't wear any of the fine cloths.

like i tried to say, the pixelated fog happens when shadow resolution is set too low with vivid weathers. weather mods aren't compatible with each other. so even if you switch to a different combination of 2 different ones, they're still not compatible. every one i've encountered says as much in the description.

Well either way I ended up increasing the quality of my settings anyway and as long as the problem is fixed I'm happy. So thanks again for your comments and advice. :)

I've tried both versions of that lantern mod and the only thing I can figure is that I must still have an old retexture that it's conflicting with. Maybe I'll try the esp version one last time after completely removing both versions then reinstalling it. Also I attempted to do the conflict check but I'm not sure if I did it correctly. It did say something about a Fine Raiment though which doesn't make sense because the npcs I've seen with the naked problem have so far all been normal class npcs who wouldn't wear any of the fine cloths.

Look at each NPC separately. Are the nekkid ones "supposed" to be wearing the fine raiment according to Tes5Edit? If so, then an NPC replacer mod or perhaps a clothing mod, may accidentally be trying to apply it to them. The Vanilla clothes (DOFT-Default outfit) for Hulda is FarmClothesOutfit02 [OTFT:0002D75E]. If that is not the winning item, the green row column for that item is the one making her nude.