having trouble with preset looksmenu faces

XxxSTR4NGL3RxxX

I reinstalled looksmenu and took off all of my clothes and then went into looksmenu and it works. just don't go the the clothes option in the looks menu it seems to crash

Definitely crashes if you remove the clothes manually in the looksmenu. Although going to "body" seems to disable clothes without issues.

• 3 months later...
For anyone wondering, if you did everything as said (correct preset folder, json files, and correct mods installed. In the game menu go to mods and enable looksmenu. For some reason it was not ticked, even though it was enabled in vortex.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

well i was having the same problem, but for me what was rong was the programe i was using to unzip the F4SE, so i unistall all the files from f4se i had, download new ones, unziped then with 7 zip (https://www.7-zip.org/), then the usual, copy "f4se_1_10_163.dll" the "f4se_loader.exe" the "F4se_steam_loader.dll" and the data folder to the fallout4 folder, i also reinstaled the looksmenu mod and good as new.

The problem with the program i was using to unzip the f4se folder by the way was that when i unziped the f4se folder the data folder was missing.

Hope it helps any of you good luck.

Edited by anjodastrevas666

Not working for me. People in here keep talking about json files?! What are those? I have presets which are **xml** files. I copied those to Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Presets, as they were previously in Fallout 4\Data\tools\BodySlide\SliderPresets but when I try to use them the menu is blank in the game. Presets is NOT greyed out, I can select it, but I seem to have no presets.

Edited by hucker75

• 3 months later...

right click on f4se_loader and run as administrator. else preset button will be greyed out.

After verifying game, F4se, & Looks Menu versions, I right clicked on F4se_ loader and run as administrator as you instructed and wala!!! Finally, presets no longer greyed and all functional. Thanks everyone...