Missing ini... again.

daftgentleman

So when I got Fallout last week one of the first things I did was get NMM and download a ton of mods. I've already gone through the process of setting up the ini and enabling mods and everything worked... until now. I just tried to boot up NMM and got the missing INI prompt again, and when I DO boot up the game my save is missing, it only has the option of starting a new game and frankly, I've already put a lot of time into that save.

Unfortunately, looking through the folder I can't find the save, I CAN however find the ini files, but they don't seem to be in the right folder, at least I don't think so.

(Attached screenshot of file path for confirm/deny)

TLDR: My save is gone, my ini disappeared, and I'm slightly pissed about this.

EDIT: did my screenshot not attach? Crap, well the file path is A:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Fallout4

Edited by daftgentleman

as your game installation hard disk / letter is custom too (a: not c:), have you redirected or moved your "my files" directory too?

i had long time every program and game under c: but my data under d:

the save files have a *.fos ending.

but if by windows search under c: or a: no *.fos files appear, yup - they are gone,

which brings me up the question: did you change your hard disk or reinstalled the whole computer?