[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

ianpatt

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the latest Reddit discussion of SKSE64:

What features is SKSE64 missing?

"From what I understand, SKSE64 is fully complete, is stable and has all of its features.

The only reason why it is still in Alpha is because of professionalism. The team keep it in Alpha for a minimum time (12 months, I think) for feedback and bug reporting.

Of course, every time that Bethesda release an update, the SKSE64 team need to make tweaks to SKSE64 and because this resets the 12 month period.

So essential, SKSE64 will stay in alpha until 12 months after the last Bethesda Skyrim update which might be years from now".

12 months? Seems a very long time ....

EDIT: Happily, I am wrong. Later in the day, the Reddit thread was updated with the following quote from SKSE Developer "extrwi";

"Public testing, mainly. We really need one version to be out there with no major bugs for a while. Runtime updates 'reset the clock' on stability testing, which is unfortunate. Hopefully Bethesda won't release any more updates this year and this can be called a beta in early January.

There aren't any internal features that need to be completed or figured out at this point".

Edited by aristotle99

TL:DR, if you are having issues with SKS64 not launching SSE, check if you are running and OSD program such as RivaTuner, disable it, and try again.

Very similar to a handful of people I have seen commenting here and on other places, I suffered from the case where a command prompt whould briefly appear, with no further effect. Having attempted several times to fix this by 1. moving SkyrimSE and steam installation locations (away from C:\ drive), 2. reinstalling SSE, 3. downgrading to previous versions of both SSE and SKSE64 to no avail, and no appearent errors showing in either the SKSE logs or the Papyrus Logs, I finally found a solution which fixed it for me.

For those which run into similar issues where launching skyrim via the SKSE64_loader does not work, check if you are running RivaTuner or a similar OSD program. I rememberd the Uplay overlay also failing to work when RivaTuner was running, and after taking a guess (more like a hail marry) and attempting to launch SSE using SKSE64_loader after having disabled both these programs it finally worked.

I cannot confirm if similar OSD-providing progams also clash with SKSE64, or even take a guess at why it does it (as oldrim together with the x86 version of SKSE never had this issue for me). However, this completely solved any problems I had with launching SSE using SKSE64_loader, and I hope it does so for more people experiencing the same issues.

EDIT: removed misinformation regarding MSI Afterburner.

Edited by Project 6

• 2 weeks later...

"From what I understand, SKSE64 is fully complete, is stable and has all of its features.

The only reason why it is still in Alpha is because of professionalism. The team keep it in Alpha for a minimum time (12 months, I think) for feedback and bug reporting.

No, SKSE64 has this bug and without cdcooley's script it gets annoying.

There is also this about SKSE64 for checking if Steam is running or not.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to say something that's going to make some folks annoyed with me, but I really believe it needs to be said.

Please, please, do not let this thread devolve the way Behippo's old pinned thread did until the moderators were forced to lock it. No, it's not happening yet, but somebody mentioned a possible time for a beta release. And that's how the previous trouble started. People started harping on the "missed date" and then the trolling began.

No one here is being a jerk yet, but I dread it might be coming. Resist the urge to post anything that smacks of self-entitlement. Remember, these folks are working on their own time, with no re-compensation, to get this done for us. They don't owe us anything!

To the Silverlock team, thank you so very much for your hard work.