[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

ianpatt

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There might (might I say) be a problem. Some folks are reporting in other threads that after installing the new SKSE build, their game seems a bit "sped up" (overlapping dialogue and the like.)

If anyone else is noticing this in their game, please let us know.

Sounds like FPS over 60.

"You are using a newer version of Skyrim than this version of SKSE64 supports.
If this version just came out, please be patient while we update our code.
In the meantime, please check http://skse.silverlock.org for updates.
Do not email about this!
Runtime: 1.5.50
SKSE64: 2.0.7"
What should I do?

Even after installing, I get the same message and the new version of SKSE doesn't seem to work ... I don't know what I am missing .. :sad:

That's easy to correct, provided that you have installed SKSE64 2.0.8. Just verify game cache in Steam then run the vanilla game launcher, which I did and that worked for me. :smile:

Hm, so what mods are going to break if I update to the new SKSE version? I didn't even know that was a thing but apparently PapyrusUtil, Quick Loot, Swift Potion will be broken if I use the new SKSE64 until the author updates those mod... In the case of Quick Loot that'll be never.

So should I just opt not to update to 2.08 and use 2.07 with the old EXE like I've been doing? Any issues with that? If so what other key mods are going to need an update?

Royal pain in the ass for a pointless Bethesda update

Edited by Kulharin

I'd say that for now, staying with 2.0.7 and the previous Skyrim exe is probably your best bet for avoiding issues. Cruising the threads, the situation seems a bit muddled right now.

I'd say that for now, staying with 2.0.7 and the previous Skyrim exe is probably your best bet for avoiding issues. Cruising the threads, the situation seems a bit muddled right now.

The only thing going on, is that while SKSE64 has been updated, most mods that need it have not. Myself, I am waiting on PapyrusUtil.

I'm trying to compile a plugin, and I am getting a LINK1181 error. it says that skse64_1_5_50.lib is missing. I have recompiled skse64 using the source code, but it won't generate the lib file. I am only getting the .dll, .iobj, .ipdb, and .pdb files. is there a step I am missing?

• 4 weeks later...

So the first post is not updated for 2.0.8 or the latest 2.0.9 for SSE version 1.5.53

anyway....

My question is that in 2.0.9 the Data\Scripts folder now has 85 .pex files and the Data\Scripts\Source folder has 62 .psc files.

What's new text file doesn't mention 20+ new scripts and we would kinda need the source files to make use of them.

Is this error or oversight or am I just seeing things?

DayDreamer got a response from SKSE team and posted on AFK mods - Here -

Tried the team email, and got a reply from Ian Patterson:

It looks like the build script I usually use only outputs .pex files for scripts we've modified, but the newer script that does a multithreaded build also includes .pex dependencies. They should be identical to Bethesda's other than the metadata. I'll modify the new script so it doesn't generate the extra files, but it shouldn't be causing problems.

In case anyone was interested.