NMM does not search for XCOM: EU

Basket2king

So i am currently trying to get Xcom: EU mods downloaded, however NMM does not search for the game when it's scanning for the games so i am kinda wondering if NMM have stopped supporting that game or am i just plain stupid and not noticing how? So if someone could help me i would appreciate it.

XCom:EU/EW does not have actual "mod" support built-in. All the mods are actually edits directly to the game code or to various files such as the INI and UPK files. None of that is supported by the game publisher. It's about as "mod unfriendly" as you can get. Everything we know is from reverse-engineering and trial and error which is "tolerated" by the publisher. Once you apply a mod, you have technically "hacked" the game. If you go into "online mode", Steam detects it as a "corrupted" EXE and "verifies" the executable, breaking your mods.

If I were Nexus, I wouldn't want to directly support it either. In fact, I don't know of any mod manager that does support it. XCom modding is very manual and labor intensive. Once you master it, any other game mod is a piece of cake.

-Dubious-