Custom Door won't give me a prompt to use it...

strungout

Hey few,

so I'm making myself a little pad (I 'renovated' an old barn ;)). I made a custom door in blender, exported to .nif put it in the geck using another door as template (OffDoorHotelSml01). Using the teleport buttons, I can view the other door it's linked to and vice-versa. All good. Oh wait, nope... in-game my door won't give me a prompt to allow me to enter or exit my pad.

I'm just using a new .nif for the door, why would it not give me a prompt?

Any insight appreciated!

@jim_uk Thanks for the reply! Yes, my door is named 'Door'. And it's in World Objects > Door.

Could it be something my .nif is missing? Missing a mesh, a node, that creates the prompt... just thinking out loud.

PS: I love your sig lol! The answer is yes...

Edited by strungout

I've seen that happen with vanilla doors when I placed it on a solid wall (not in door frame kit piece)

Having the door embedded in the wall just slightly past the face so the texture wouldn't flash.

Made the prompt nearly impossible to show up. So I had to pull the door out further from the face. And to cover the gaps , used something like CampLog01 , resizing them , to build a frame.

If that's not your case ... me not being very nifty with those tools. Try loading a vanilla door and see if there are differences.

Could it be something my .nif is missing? Missing a mesh, a node, that creates the prompt... just thinking out loud.

The prompt is depending of the type of object created in Geck (same mesh: as Door will prompt "Open" and as Activator "Activate")

The problem could be with the collision (needed to be triggerable): not correctly set, placed, etc.

You could post your mesh and I'll have a look. Is it animated?

@Mktavish 'nifty'... 'tools'... OMG! I just plain forgot to pass it through nifskope and 'insert' my door model inside a working vanilla one... I'm gonna have to write down a work-flow list. Seriously. And thanks!

@pixelhate Problem solved but thanks for the offer! It's not animated.

My door gives me the prompt now. Thanks for the replies!

*Crosses 'Door not giving me prompt' on the list of needed fixes*