Heavy Traffic ×

Holy Smite, Mana Clash, Paralysis Explosion VFX

Alehazar

Holy Smite, Mana Clash and Paralysis Explosion more often than not, crash my game and ruin the immersion and overall experience.

I read somewhere that this is mainly a graphical issue; has to do with the VFX attached to these effects? A blue cloud imploding?

Personally, I do not know how, but could somehow swap these effects for a different -less demanding- effect?

It could save my game.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: my system specs are not the issue.

Threw something together, though I've no way to test it in-game. (So caveat modder...)

Crashing is a Crashing Bore

<snippet from the ReadMe...>

...replaced VFX of three talents - Holy Smite, Mana Clash, and Paralysis Explosion - with some less visually intensive vanilla effects.

There are five different options. INSTALL ONLY ONE!!!!!!

v1 replaces

Holy Smite VFX with AntiMagic Burst VFX (90049/90050 > 90183/90184)
Mana Clash VFX with Cleanse Area VFX (90190/90191 > 90047/90048)
Paralysis Explosion VFX with Mass Paralysis VFX (90297/90102 > 90131/90132)

---

v2 replaces

Holy Smite + Mana Clash VFX with AntiMagic Burst VFX
Paralysis Explosion VFX with Mass Paralysis VFX

---

v3 replaces

Holy Smite + Mana Clash VFX with Cleanse Area VFX
Paralysis Explosion VFX with Mass Paralysis VFX

---

v4 replaces the VFX for all three with the Cleanse Area VFX

---

v5 replaces the VFX for all three with the AntiMagic Burst VFX

<end snippet>

It's totes based on a now-unavailable mod that I used to use, called 'Holy Smite and Mana Clash No Crash'. (Standing on the shoulders of giants and all that.)

Edited by theskymoves

I don't know what to say, but thank you -thank you very much. From what I've read, your solutions -don't worry, i'll pick only one- should [in theory] do the trick. Seems like my Warrior will now have a decent shot in successfully smiting evil mages.

Once again, thank you! I'll be sure to endorse once I've put the mod through its paces; this might take a while though -I scrapped my old Warrior and my new one is just starting her Origin story.

I hope that people who share(d) my frustration will check out your solution and give it go.

Was my pleasure and I've got my fingers crossed that it works.

My interest in this is longstanding, and very personal, after a particularly painful run in which playing through Broken Circle at a higher level than is my usual habit resulted in EVERYONE - Alistair, the Warden, Wynne, NPC Templars - constantly Holy Smite-ing and Mana Clash-ing. Ultimately, there was one encounter that I only got past by installing the aforementioned and no longer available 'No Crash' mod. (That room on the 4th floor with a blood mage and several Charmed/Possessed Templars, who will Holy Smite en mass as soon as the door is opened. Grrr. I hate those guys.)

My interest in this is longstanding, and very personal, after a particularly painful run in which playing through Broken Circle at a higher level than is my usual habit resulted in EVERYONE - Alistair, the Warden, Wynne, NPC Templars - constantly Holy Smite-ing and Mana Clash-ing. Ultimately, there was one encounter that I only got past by installing the aforementioned and no longer available 'No Crash' mod. (That room on the 4th floor with a blood mage and several Charmed/Possessed Templars, who will Holy Smite en mass as soon as the door is opened. Grrr. I hate those guys.)

thanks for the mod, might be an idea just to have that as a separate mod with its own page, otherwise people might not find the mod

thanks for the mod, might be an idea just to have that as a separate mod with its own page, otherwise people might not find the mod

My apologies for the inconvenience. My preference is, of course, to upload things individually with a detailed explanation of what it does and all that, but I received complaints regarding the quantity/quality of mods I've shared, and was asked to consolidate my releases onto one page.

Eventually, I'll be moving all my craptastic mods to one 'project page'.