Poll to find balance on races

Deathoctimus

Your Favorite Race  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Your Favorite Race

I went High Elf also, I agree that they don't really fit the setting though. Personally I've fluffed it that my character had found a way to magically trap the souls of dragons within himself, hoping for a power boost but instead turning into something of an artificial dragonborn. He would either be a covert agent of the Thalmor attempting to incite Skyrim into war to weaken the empire with his status as something of a folk hero, or a disgrunted exiled mage who wants to see the Thalmor burn.

My other character is an Imperial who wants to rally up Skyrim for war to defeat the empire, as it's the only way to drive the High Elves out and restore his home. He thinks being the Dragonborn is a sign from the gods that his path is right.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you meant favorite to play or favorite in general withing the lore or what, guess in my case doesn´t matter cause it´s the same answer: Khajiit.

To me all universes in fiction need to stand out if they truly want to interest me, they need that unique flavor that you won´t get any where else, wherever that is achieve through visuals, the lore, the style of the stories withing it... And to me there has never being anything more unique about the Elder Scrolls than Khajiit. Their society differs from anything we have seen in other fiction creations, including those that dwell into fantasy worlds base on pagan cultures from the pre-christian era. The elven, human and orsimer of The Elder Scroll series have their own traits, but they still fall into the cliches of the genre; yes, Boosmer are cannibals and that´s something new that doesn´t resemble your usual Lord of The Ring or Warcraft elves, but 5 main games into the series and we still have to get to a point when those things implemented in the lore are actually in the game, you would have a hard time finding a casual player of the elder scrolls with no interest in spending his days on the wikia and he/she may not be even aware of the Boosmer green pact and all that jazz. The humans are all base around different historical tribes (Nords-Vikings,Breton-Celtic and so on and on), and the orsimer are exactly what you would expect out of an Orc, a tribal society rule focus on the survival of the strongest and a natural affinity towards smithing, "where there´s a whip, there´s a way".

Khajiit and Argonian though are just crazy stuff, even without needing to explore the lore you do get a feeling of them being a rarity, and it kind of sucks that in Skyrim both races are not as common as in other games, just the way they talk to you feels unique withing the world, and if you spend the time to read any of the books describing anything about their cultures you realize how utterly ridiculous the whole thing seems. Khajiit wins over Argonian for me because they are even weirder. Daedric worshipers, skooma addicts, assume to be thieves by everyone and with a history of constant servitude to "the superior races" yet most of the Khajiit the character meets in all of games seem to have a smile in their faces, and those who don´t have it like J´zargo are even more weird and fun as characters. Besides, THERE´S M´AIQ!! C´mon, he´s practically the Elder Scrolls mascot as much as Pip-Boy is for Fallout.

I also keep expecting that, some day, Bethesda finally manages to live up to the lore and Khajiit players would be rewarded then with all their natural skills that the games have always ignore, like all the crazy stuff about their martial arts, their cat like agility, how some Khajiit are born as quadrupeds, some really small and some really tall till the point of being giants.