Your Favorite Faction

DeathWarrior

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite faction in M&B: Warband?

What is your favorite faction in Mount & Blade: Warband and, if there's a specific reason, why?

Mine is the Nords. I've been fascinated with Vikings and anything based on them for a number of years, starting when I played Age of Mythology.

Edited by DeathWarrior

It's been a while; were the Nords the ones with no cavalry? I started off with them but then began to resent not having any cavalry, so ended up just stealing Khergits or Swadians. A mix of the Nord Veterans for sieges and Khergit for open field warfare was pretty killer.

While I can see the benefits of most factions (and got to play with the ridiculous Swadian knight-swarm before it got boring), I will always consider Rhodoks to be my number one choice. Being able to hold up against a cavalry charge, lay siege and defend castles/towns all while not having to pay maintenance of overwhelming proportions has its advantages.

Swadians. The best heavy calvery that owned in the field and during sieges. I fought a 300 Khergit army with only 50 Swadian Knights. we killed about 200, about 50 wounded and 50 routed. i only had 10 casualties. Swadian Knights FTW

• 2 weeks later...

First there were Khergits, and it was good, but then the Sarranid Sultanate came, and it was great. This is what i like of them:

1. Desert (when there wasnt Sarranids, i often modded Khergit steppe to be made out of sand :P )

2. Architecture (coolest cities of Calradia, though it is expected since the faction was made when TaleWorlds already had their thing set up nicely)

3. Armors (like Khergit armor, but 20% cooler)

4. Units (all round army can be made out of Sarranids)

5. Castles and villages. Did i mention they have the coolest architecture of Calradia? :P

It fits perfectly since the first incarnation of my Almehid Al'Fassim character that i made back in Oblivion and re made in most of the RPGs that i've played since.

• 2 weeks later...