A question reguarding reinstalling.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

danwat801

danwat801

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 195 posts

So what if I just wanted to use my windows 10 Disk and install a fresh copy? I really dont want any data from my old drive on my SSD. I want my SSD to be as fresh as a babies bottom.

How would I go about doing that, do you think?

Basicly I want a fresh clean install of everything that is required to operate my computer. Windows 10, Photoshop, Steam, Audiocity, WMM and other video editing programs. And my games. I usually only play one game at a time, until I'm bored of it. So I was thinking just move my game out of my SSD on to an external when I'm done playing it.

DaddyDirection

DaddyDirection

Sic Parvis Magna

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

You could perhaps back up all the important things you don't want to lose from your 4TB HDD, say on an external drive perhaps. Then you just wipe that drive and reformat it (which would delete everything on it). From there you install Windows all over again - but this time on your SSD. Now your 4TB HDD is an extra drive - rather than your main drive. You might want to look into how wiping drives works just to be sure you do everything right. That seems like the best thing to do. 

danwat801

danwat801

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 195 posts

Yeah. Think I'll save what I wanna keep on an external and wipe my HDD.

I also canceled the 1080. I have been lusting for the 1080 Ti Founders Edition for a while now.. My lady's going to KILL me, but she'll get over it lol!!!

11GB of RAW, untamed power...

It's like a Titan X pumped up on steroids... :laugh:

From what I understand its neck n Neck with the TitanXP but the XP is $1400.00 - $1700.00 Where as the 1080 Ti FE is only $710 - $850.00 in most stores.

Both are way over priced but I dont have time to wait around for the prices drop. Whats an extra $300 if I know its going to beat my 2 1080's put together.

DaddyDirection

DaddyDirection

Sic Parvis Magna

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Yeah. Think I'll save what I wanna keep on an external and wipe my HDD.

I also canceled the 1080. I have been lusting for the 1080 Ti Founders Edition for a while now.. My lady's going to KILL me, but she'll get over it lol!!!

11GB of RAW, untamed power... :laugh:

Why the Founder's Edition? The AIB versions should have superior heat-sinks and fans to keep the cards cool. Plus, better overall overclocking potential. 

danwat801

danwat801

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 195 posts

I dont overclock my devices. Voids the warranty and its unnecessary. Plus its small enough to fit my case.

It's 10.8 inches. My case can hold that.

danwat801

danwat801

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 195 posts

Basically once you have a card worth more then a paycheck... Overclocking is not only unnecessary. it's reckless. Your basically voiding your warranty, and gambling with a 900 dollar device for 5-10 extra FPS when your device is capable of pushing 80-300 FPS... It's silly stupid to overclock a graphics card of that magnitude... This card is overkill as it is for 90% of games. Overclocking, overkill... It's like.. Why?... lol... As far as my job... It might help a little with my work, but again its only a small percentage. Not really worth trashing a card in 2 years time.

danwat801

danwat801

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 195 posts

So anywho. Thanks a million for your idea's. Always good to get a second opinion.

DaddyDirection

DaddyDirection

Sic Parvis Magna

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Basically once you have a card worth more then a paycheck... Overclocking is not only unnecessary. it's reckless. Your basically voiding your warranty, and gambling with a 900 dollar device for 5-10 extra FPS when your device is capable of pushing 80-300 FPS... It's silly stupid to overclock a graphics card of that magnitude... This card is overkill as it is for 90% of games. Overclocking, overkill... It's like.. Why?... lol... As far as my job... It might help a little with my work, but again its only a small percentage. Not really worth trashing a card in 2 years time.

I can agree that the card is super overkill for most things at the moment. I do disagree about overclocking being risky, at least as long as you avoid playing with things like voltage, as the card will just shut itself off if things get too hot (which it shouldn't if your case is well cooled). Either way, I totally get that it's not for everyone.

So anywho. Thanks a million for your idea's. Always good to get a second opinion.

You're welcome, I've been happy to try and help. Enjoy your new setup. :D

danwat801

danwat801

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 195 posts

I can agree that the card is super overkill for most things at the moment. I do disagree about overclocking being risky, at least as long as you avoid playing with things like voltage, as the card will just shut itself off if things get too hot (which it shouldn't if your case is well cooled). Either way, I totally get that it's not for everyone.

You're welcome, I've been happy to try and help. Enjoy your new setup. :D

Maybe, Maybe not. I've never heard of one being ran into the ground ether, but there will always be that one unlucky guy. I dont want to be him hahaha...

And. Yeah. Will do. I'll post up my benchmark when its all hooked up. You can see for yourself what it does... If you dont already own it, or better.

If I recall correctly I was getting about 70-200 FPS on my 1080 and 40-175 on my 1070  with this program. https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven

We'll see how the new 1080 Ti 11GB stacks up to last years Elites. <-- At my expense.. Your welcome :laugh:

danwat801

danwat801

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 195 posts

Oh, Good GOD! Someone take my credit card away from me please!  haha

https://www.amazon.c...ds=8GB DDR4 RAM

I had too... I just had too... I was tired of looking at 4 empty slots on my Motherboard sitting there doing nobody no good. lmfao!

64Gigs... I'm horrible lmao.

K, Daddys done spending his fortune. I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Page loaded in: 0.674 seconds