Skuldafn Temple - frequent CTD

audiodef

I'm in Skuldafn Temple. I can only save a few times within a few minutes, or not at all if I wait too long, before a full save results in a CTD. At this point, quicksave ALWAYS results in a CTD.

I read something somewhere about this having something to do with the NPCs at the High Hrothgar negotiations taking a long time to get home. I didn't quite understand why that's possibly an issue.

Anyone else have this issue? I don't have Royal Armory, which is noted elsewhere as causing this issue.

I'm going to try loading a save prior to the HH meeting and waiting several days immediately afterward to see what happens.

EDIT:

Well, not sure if I have savegame corruption or what. Went back to HH, redid the negotiations, went over to DB Warehouse to faff around for a while, and at some point while smelting, I hit quicksave and BAM.

I would really hate to have to start a new game.

EDIT++:

Went back to an even older savegame, before I asked either bigwig to come to HH, and decided to finish the civil war line and bypass the whole truce thing.

I have the Recorder follower, and I've read that she bugs a bunch of stuff. I've had zero problems, but it seems to me that the HH/civil war truce is just bugged. I don't remember running into this issue in Oldrim, so either it's bugged in SE or my mod combo is forking it up. Oh, well... buh-bye Trum - er, Ulfric.

Edited by audiodef