Heavy Traffic ×

Can't get Skyrim to start

JandH05

Was having problems with my modded SSE so I broke down and got original, with all DLC but not Legendary. Selected my mods, used Loot on my load order, and cleaned with TES5edit. Selecting new game I will get a prompt asking me if I am using PC, Xbox One, or PS4. But I can't answer as it is immediately covered (although still onscreen) by an Alduin infinite loading screen. Never loads. I tried disabling all plugins so I had an autosave to load after the opening cart sequence but loading with plugins re-enabled leads to a CTD.

My PC uses an I7 7700k 4.2 GHz CPU, 4x8 Gb of RAM, and a ASUS Strix 1080 graphics card. I have a 2k monitor but adjusted settings to 1080 just because of all the mods. Skyrim is loaded in the normal file for Steam. I am using NMM. Skyrim version 1.9.32. Did not find version of SKSE but according to Loot it is up to date. Loot order is attached. Appreciate the help of anyone who knows what is going on. My guess is that it is whatever is asking me what system I am using but I don't know what that would be.

Update: I have determined that Sjel Blad Castle was the mod asking what system I was using, but that did not stop the endless loading screen. Attempting to locate the offending mod by re-enabling a few at a time lead to a weird wobbling motion that was banging the cart around and would eventually cause the game to freeze.