[For Modding] [Spoilers] List of Quests Which Require Killing?

DuskWulf

I initially posted this here, but it was suggested that it would be better suited to this forum.

---

H'lo! I'm working on a mod at the moment that allows for a completely pacifistic run through of New Vegas, it's going fairly well so far but I'm on the look out for a list of quests which absolutely require the player to kill as an objective.

So this is quests like Back in the Saddle, where the player is required to kill geckos. My mod accounts for this quest, and I've played it through without killing a single gecko (pacifying them instead). This isn't like quests such as Back in Your Own Backyard, though, which on the surface appear to require the player to kill but actually just need the player to knockout the Legion soldiers, keep Milo alive, and free the hostages. (At least, as far as I can see from the scripts as I haven't gotten that far in my own playthrough just yet.)

If I recall, there are also other quests which require an item a person has, rather than any actual killing. So being able to loot an unconscious body would likely take care of that. Basically, I'm looking very specifically for quests where the objective is "Kill [X]" in the PipBoy quest log.

I know New Vegas doesn't have too many of those, but I'd love to be able to allow for a 100 per cent pacifist playthrough. In vanilla first, at least, to get a basic version out. Then later in the DLCs and perhaps even mods???

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, while I don't have a complete list, I may be able to be of some assistance. I'm currently doing a play through of FNV as a complete pacifist and have wanted to sorta of do the opposite. Compile a complete list of quests you can do without killing. Though its the opposite of what you want to do, maybe we can help each other out?

If you're interested PM me and we'll talk more.