[LE] 3DS Max for animation making

Kuzuba

Hi

I have been troubled by this for weeks now, just curious if anyone had ever succeed in making and exporting animation with newer version of 3ds max than 3ds max 2012.

In order to cooperate with Havok Content Tool 2014, I have already revert my 3ds max to an older version of 3ds max 2014. But most of the tutorial for animation making I can found online is using 3ds max 2010, which in theory should work as well. Yet when I follow these tutorial, the animation I exported will not work in game, which all show up in T-pose.

There is saying that this is due to Skyrim cannot read animation export by newer Havok Content Tool, like who using 3ds max 2012 have to convert their .hkx file to 2010 version in order for it to work. I am wondering how true it is and is there any way to solve this problem if one is using a newer version of 3ds max.

Thx.

• 2 years later...

Hi

I have been troubled by this for weeks now, just curious if anyone had ever succeed in making and exporting animation with newer version of 3ds max than 3ds max 2012.

In order to cooperate with Havok Content Tool 2014, I have already revert my 3ds max to an older version of 3ds max 2014. But most of the tutorial for animation making I can found online is using 3ds max 2010, which in theory should work as well. Yet when I follow these tutorial, the animation I exported will not work in game, which all show up in T-pose.

There is saying that this is due to Skyrim cannot read animation export by newer Havok Content Tool, like who using 3ds max 2012 have to convert their .hkx file to 2010 version in order for it to work. I am wondering how true it is and is there any way to solve this problem if one is using a newer version of 3ds max.

Thx.

Which version of Skyrim are you using? I have special edition and 2012 3ds max and they just cant work even if i convert them into 64 bit SE version. I wonder if you figured it out after 3 years almost :D