Mod for better Gwent AI - Great idea, I think

WitcherBoy1981

Hey Guys,

I think, I have a great idea for improving the AI of the Gwent-Players in the game.

As you might know, even at the highest difficulty level, the AI acts really stupid many times and it's kind of boring, how easy they are to beat.

BUT: As you also might noticed, there are a few opponents here and there, that are really good competitors. And now the most interesting part, which leads me to make a request, the good competitors are ALWAYS good. So, CDPR must made some special settings in the related files, where they keep sure, that some good opponents are in the game and that these opponents are always the same.

I did a little research for "reference players" and the decks they are playing. If now someone would be able to make, let's say especially the Gwent-Quests- Opponents stronger and around 60% or 70% of all the other players in the game (merchants, innkeepers), we would have a nice Gwent AI. I think, 30-40% should be left a bit stupid, I mean, remember all these simple people that long time ago, so, of course, it makes sense, that some of them are not so great

competitors.

There must be some statistic to be made about how many Gwent-Players are in total in the game. Also, they are all always playing the same deck.

For example let's say this: There are 30 players of Northern Realms. 4 Quest-related-ones, the other 26 are merchants and so on.

So, what now, if you would give the 4 quest-related ones AND let's say 16 of the 26 "normal" players a better AI? And this could be possible, I think, by giving them the AI of "an always good" Northern Realms-Player? I hope, you understood, what I mean.

So, now here the list of good players I found so far (maybe I will find some better ones in the next days, when I have the time for searching, maybe you can also tell about good players for the decks.)

Deck - "Reference-Player"
Scoia'tael - Zoltan Chivay
Nilfgaard - Armor Smith, Skellige, Larvik
Northern Realms - Tavern, Skellige, Spikeroog, Svorlak
Monster - Weapon armorer, Skellige, Fayrlund (I think, there must be someone better somewhere, but would be ok so far)
Skellige - not checked that so far

Hope, that someone can make this better AI work, with now having this information.

Of course, there are a few more points to think about. The opponents should be not too strong anway, because, you don't have full Deck-Power from the Beginning in Velen (White Orchard and Wyzima doesn't matter, as you know). You are progressing to Skellige and Toussaint, and of course, the opponents there could be more "intelligent", then some in Velen, for example. Maybe there could be found some nice players for each deck for the beginning of the game, the middle, and the end (Skellige, Toussaint). So, three reference players for each deck.

Edited by WitcherBoy1981