[FO4] [Nifskope] Adding Collision Data After Combining Meshes

digitalpartisan

I'm semi-competent with Nifskope 2.0.0 in that I can perform basic block manipulation enough to add connect points to objects that don't have them and import meshes from other nifs (as well as make sure their texture data and related information is set correctly post-copy.) The issue I'm running in to now is that moving the collision information over doesn't seem to pan out inside nifskope itself. There's some reference data that I don't seem to be able to copy from one nif to another. Normally, this doesn't matter if you combined meshes such that you're using a large base and relatively small additional objects, but slapping together objects that you then just walk through is more than a little upsetting.

Here's what I've tried:

• Straight-up copying the collision data (fails due to being unable to stitch up busted references in the new nif)
  • Copying bits of things inside the collision block (no juice so far, but I'm going to try a few more things)
  • Several difference searches both of the Nexus forums and other resources linked therein, but the instructions are clearly for older nif and nifskope versions (when they're not just broken links from almost ten years ago.)

Is this possible in nifskope itself? If not, am I going to need to get Blender setup to export shapes as nifs? I'm on the verge of needing to do some actual modelling for another mod anyway, so I've taken a few stabs at making this work.

Thanks.

Edited by joelflake

• 1 month later...