Survival Mode Thoughts

Calzien

Costs $8 but can only buy credit packs for $7.50 and $15. :ermm:

Thx for proving the majority right Bethesda.

Well in this instance you only have to buy the $7.50 pack. Bethesda gives you 100 credits for free so you can get Survival Mode and if it is 1 credit per $0.01 then you'll have 50 extra credits to buy a skin for your Pip-Boy on Fallout 4.

Costs $8 but can only buy credit packs for $7.50 and $15. :ermm:

Thx for proving the majority right Bethesda.

Well in this instance you only have to buy the $7.50 pack. Bethesda gives you 100 credits for free so you can get Survival Mode and if it is 1 credit per $0.01 then you'll have 50 extra credits to buy a skin for your Pip-Boy on Fallout 4.

This is a one time thing though. I shudder to think what CC will look like in a year.

I can agree with you in some ways. Frostfall is restricting but does come with means to tailor it and resist the cold. Coupled with Campfire and the right perks it just becomes a regular part of your gameplay. It's all down to what you feel balances out your gameplay.

obviously frostfall is popular because people like it, I must play the game differently than those people.

its installed on my game but I am going to activate it much later in my play through when I dont have as much exploring to do.

I do like iNeed it does a good job of integrating needs with the pace of the game.

I can agree with you in some ways. Frostfall is restricting but does come with means to tailor it and resist the cold. Coupled with Campfire and the right perks it just becomes a regular part of your gameplay. It's all down to what you feel balances out your gameplay.

obviously frostfall is popular because people like it, I must play the game differently than those people.

its installed on my game but I am going to activate it much later in my play through when I dont have as much exploring to do.

I do like iNeed it does a good job of integrating needs with the pace of the game.

Nah, I don't use Frostfall either, and for similar reasons to you. When it comes to something like eating, sleeping, or wearing furs in the cold, I'm fine with just allowing roleplay to take care of that for me. I actually do conform to that behavior, and it adds an element of fun and immersion for me, but I don't have a game mechanic telling me I should, or penalizing me if I decide that what I'm doing is more important than stopping to eat or sleep.

I do use the Campfire mod, even without Frostfall, but it's for roleplay reasons. I purposely avoid using fast travel and only take an occasional carriage ride. I only own two houses, because those are the ones I want to own. Because I do so much traveling, I'll often find myself out on the road when it comes time to stop for the day, so I'll set up camp. I don't have to do any of that; the game doesn't force me; but it's precisely because of that voluntary factor that makes it fun for me.

But I limit myself in a lot of ways when it comes to roleplay. I'm playing a "good" character, so I don't do evil Daedric quests and I haven't joined the Thieves Guild; I destroyed the Dark Brotherhood. I didn't do the Thane quests for Jarls I consider to be assholes (because I don't want to help them). I know that I'm missing out on some content, but that's just how I prefer to play.

I was in the same boat at first, with the default settings. Felt like I'd leave my tent and be freezing before I lost sight of it. In the settings, though, you can dial that way down, to the point where it adds some immersion but you can still get stuff done. You can also inspect/set the protection offered by your gear, so you have a lot of leeway with how much fun/how annoying you want it to be.

Campfire is great, for me, so I would use that either way. One of the best things about it, for me, is the mortar & pestle, so I can do alchemy wherever I happen to be. That and the handy bonus that cooking on the campfire doesn't require salt.

I have a portable storage mod, built via campfire, and I like to "permanently reside" at the military camps.

On the technical side the mod is sure going to have some incompatibilities with free mods:

It changes all the foods (Ingestible), so if you have a mod that modifies those attribute you will need a patch;

Changes some magic effects, so might need a patch for that as well;

It changes J'zargo's Flame Cloak Scroll and Scroll of Flame Cloak (to add the heat effect);

It changes some spells as well;

so before downloading and installing it you should rename the .esl to .esp and check if it has some problems with your already installed mods.

the .esl plugin seems to be treated like an esm but i'm not 100% sure if it does count towards the plugin cap.

Another thing this mod doesn't take into account:

"They're guaranteed to work with your save games."

yes but if you remove the mod and try to load the save without it the good old scripts problems will be there like any other mod.

They guarantee it'll work with the base game and expansions. That's without third-party additions. Removing the .esl plugin mid-play is the same as removing an expansion .esm file, I think they expect people to be smart enough NOT to do that. As mentioned Survival Mode can be activated and deactivated at will. Technically you can't really even remove it unless you delete the plugin manually as it doesn't show up in your mod list in-game OR in any external app for now. Edited by SamusKnight2K

Besides, Skyrim has never supported removing mods without starting a new game. There were tools that helped to remedy the situation, but that is not how Skyrim was meant to be played...

This Survival mod is not a mod. It's more of a DLC. It should be easy to remove if you want to.

Edit: Ignore this post. I have no clue what I was thinking when I typed this out, but it's completely wrong information.

Edited by DaddyDirection