A Soundtrack Replacement Mod Project

Kotharru

First off, while most of you probably couldnât care about some random person on the internet, I have an idea. An idea that this random person on the internet has come to YOU (a fellow random) for help. So to clear this title of random, I shall introduce myself.

My name is Alastair Goldberg, and I study music at college level; I also write music at a professional level. With 2 years remaining until I receive my degree in Film Scoring.

This is my Idea:

To create a completely new soundtrack for Fallout 4

The Fallout 4 soundtrack is great. Itâs so well done in pushing the overall immersion and theme of the game that I want to do it justice too. But I donât think I can do it alone, so thatâs why Iâm here.

The plan so far:

As a student whoâs studying Film Scoring, I have access to a quality recording studio here on campus. I plan on using some of my time to record most of the tracks for this Soundtrack mod there.

I have taken a variety of courses in relation to Audio Technology, 2 Music History courses (From early classical, to Modern Rock and Film), and theory and composition throughout my whole time here as a student.

Iâve met many people who share my passion of music and are willing to assist me in this project in the terms of performance, so I believe I have the resources I need for this except for one thing... which is knowledge in coding and modding.

This is where I need your help:

The Creation Kit: Iâve only taken a few computer science courses and know a bit of C++, but thatâs about it. So tips, suggestions, and tutorials regarding the creation kit would help immensely.

General mood of the music? Obviously, the plan is to rewrite it similar to Inon Zurâs overall ambient theme, but the mood is what is going to be different. Aggressively motivating (epic), Emotional-based (Set in a minor key), passive (like Inon Zur), or... what do you want? Thatâs what I want to know.

Any other Ideas? I have stated my ideas so far, but what do you think I could add? Additional music for specific scenes that youâd want to see, or anything.

With all that said, I will read every comment received, even if you think my idea is stupid, please say it. I will in addition reply regardless of what you say, because your thoughts are important too!

Thanks for reading!

And Of course: if you think you would like to contribute to this project in any way, or just lend a hand... shoot me a message.

P.P.S: I really donât know where to start.

Edited by Kotharru