The Book Mod

ShadowOfGodless

The Book Mod

Project Book

Hello, Everyone and welcome to project book. Now while i think we all agree the journal of morrowind was immersive, and felt real, the books of Skyrim defeat the books of the past by tenfold. However how many of us can say we read ALL the books? and how many of us can say we want more? If you, like I can't because quite frankly most of the books were BORING then welcome to project book!

What is Project Book?:

In it's simplest form it is a book mod. however unlike other book mods YOU can be the writer! how you ask? Write a story, send it to my Gmail address, (see below) and if i like it i will release it in that months bundle of books. If we don't have at least four or five books i will write some to fill that quota.

How does the system work?:

Very simply. I take the literature you submit then convert that into Skyrim with a custom cover texture, and images in the book! You can then pick them up in the book store of Riverwood. We will release a monthly .ESP update that includes all the new books! Simply replace the esp file with the new one and your set!

What type of books?:

Generally we want short stories. And when i say short story i mean 5-30k words long. A quick way to get a book rejected is to write about the Dovahkiin of Skyrim because: SPOILER ALERT: In some playthrougs the PC might not be Dragonborn, and even if he is he probably didn't do what you wrote about. So in general keep it to writing about lore friendly characters that you make up! Stay away from already in game characters PLEASE!

How can i help?:

Good question! I obviously can't write four 20k word stories in a month with my schedule at least so if other budding writers help me it would be appreciated! If you want to include custom textures for your books or illustrations for inside the book that you want me to put in I can do that. Other then that if anyone wants to voice act a book merchant for me and send me some lines I can chuck those in just fine! as for now he will just be a generic voiced Breton.

Contact Details:

If you want to help start the project or submit your work contact me here at [email protected]

Edited by ShadowOfGodless