In the future, you can just edit your post. :wink:

To answer your question, you would need to download the packs manually, unpack them, and look around to see what you like/don't like. Because the textures are structured into neat folders, it's easy to find a particular set. You can then re-pack them and install in NMM manually using the green + button.

My suggestion would be to go through each area individually. I'll give an example.

Let's say you want to compare the Farmhouse textures from Noble Skyrim and 2017. All of those textures are in Data\textures\architecture\farmhouse.

At this point, you have two options. You can either temporarily just drop the farmhouse folder into your actual game data folder, OR you can repack it for ease of installation/uninstallation. Be sure to keep the same folder structure. If textures/architecture doesn't exist, create those folders.

Do this for both Noble Skyrim and 2017. Install one, hang out in Riverwood, uninstall it, install the next one, and compare.

It will be helpful if you have an image program capable of viewing DDS. Gimp does this.

If you're like me, you think that the Noble Skyrim farmhouse slate flooring is terrible and inappropriate for the setting. So you might not want that one. If you like the 2017 floor, you can just copy that texture over. If you think both of those suck, you can just delete the floor and it will use the default floor until you find something you like.

In this way, you can combine texture packs and make them exactly what you want to make them for a truly custom Skyrim experience. I install all of my mods manually and tinker around with most textures.

To be clear, you don't have to go through the whole process of viewing them in the game. You can just open them up in an image viewer, think that some texture is hideous, and never want that to afflict your eyeballs ever again. But in general I think it's best to see them that way.

My method is to just drop a folder into the game folder, play the game, tinker around, until I'm satisfied. When I'm totally satisfied with the appearance of whatever it is (farmhouses) I will move those files away from the game folder, re-pack them, and give them a real installation with NMM.

Edited by nightscrawl