Nexus Mods Redesign - Link Inside

Dark0ne

Other than being a little slow to load pages, I like it. I especially like the "you have not downloaded this mod yet" , it saves me going through my list.

I like the new hover-over features when looking at mods, allowing me to track, add to favorites, viewing the gallery, etc-- without actually clicking on the mod and opening up its page. There are lots of little features such a these that I find very appealing. Takes a small bit getting used to, but overall, I love it.

One piece that I don't like? Not enough contrast on the color scheme for some elements, specifically the top dropdown menus; i.e. GAME, MODS, IMAGES, VIDEOS, UPDATES.... etc. That soft black text font on top of off-white gray.. might just be me but I find that scheme to be too soft, and I'd rather have a far bolder, contrasting color scheme to help bring my eye faster to the tabs that I want to find. I would prefer that soft black font to be brighter and bolder so they stand out in the gray background better.

It seems to me there is no longer a "top files" list. Am I missing something? I always thought those were very important.

They are in the "Mods" drop down box

I'm not sure what you mean.

I mean those two lists:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/top/?

and

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/topalltime/?adult=1

I'll reserve judgement until I use it more. Not huge fanatic of the mobile-esque size of buttons and images or charging premiums to see more than 20 mods at a time though.

My original review of this was reviewed in half-screen snapped of 1440p so I missed a bit of the formatting. I'll rescind that until I get to use the full experience.

Edited by Jusmar

Only problem I see is a lack of descriptions on hotfile files, other than that I think I like the new design, will try to use it and make sure to report any bugs I come across. Again, this looks nice! I like the focus on the files more, and the use of space is much better than the old site.

[EDIT] Okay not even a minute in and I have a suggestion XD to be able to organize your favorited games, atm it seems each slot is randomly put in a spot.

Edited by Guest

Some of the features might be nice, but the design itself is reminiscent of the Windows 8 start screen. I've shown both versions of the site to a few web developers in my family. All of them have said the old design was better than the redesign. The blockiness of the redesign is harsh on the eyes, and the site itself is no longer nice and smooth. If there was a way to incorporate new features in the old design, that would be fantastic.

On the redesign would be nice to have it show File name + date uploaded + version number on the collapsed file sub tabs. As is you need to click through all the files until you find the version you are looking for. Mainly a issue when you using Mod A that works best with Mod B verson 1.2 but Mod B is now at version 3.1 - so you have to click through the files to find the version you need.

Other wise I really like what I am seeing.