[LE] Does a radiant quest disable a dungeon's regular quest?

Savaas

Hello, I'm asking this question because I'm currently making my dungeon mod also have radiant quest support.

My problem is I started a bandit bounty quest taking place in my level, but when I start playing my level, my custom quest for that level does not activate.

It should activate in multiple instances, such as reading a letter on the floor or opening a gate and the level quest activates fine when the bounty quest is not active.

So I thought I should rule this out first before trying other solutions, I can't seem to find much info on this though.

Thank you for any help!

Just a bump and some more info. I tried tracking the quest variables and this is what I got from my papyrus log.

With the radiant quest on:
IsActive False IsRunning False IsCompleted False IsStarting False Stage 0
Setting Stage to 10 (this is where the note is read and quest should activate)
IsActive TRUE IsRunning False IsCompleted False IsStarting False Stage 0

A save just before the radiant quest is started:
IsActive TRUE IsRunning False IsCompleted False IsStarting False Stage 0
Setting Stage to 10
IsActive TRUE IsRunning TRUE IsCompleted False IsStarting False Stage 10

I also tested the functions SetActive() and Start() but both of them didn't help, but notice that setActive went through on both instances and the working one started out active.

Edited by Savaas

Usual reason for quests not starting is aliases not being filled. The kill the bandit leader quest, Favor104, is I think the one you're referring to, and it reserves the dungeon it targets. If your quest is also attempting to put that location into an alias it will fail unless "Allow reserved" is ticked.