Skyrim CTD/crashes when using enb/d3d9.dll

xinne948

Hey guys, I'd been searching for the solutions for this CTD(causing by enb/d3d9.dll), and I finally fixed this problem.

So now I'd like to share the solutions I found to those whoever needed it.

The result is not assured though. I did see a lot of people have the same problem, but each of them fixed it with a different solution.

(I heard that win 10 might be the main reason, not sure though)

Here's the solutions I found,

Remember to run skyrim to test it after you try each of the solution and repeat it until you fix the problem.

1. Download and install the DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) or its web installer from Microsoft official website.

Here's the links:

DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109

DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) Web installer

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Install the first one first, if the problem still happens, install the second one.

After installed it, restart your pc and run skyrim with enb to see whether the problem is fixed.

If the problem is solved, then you can stop here and play your skyrim happily.

If not, try the solutions below.

2. Disable/close all of the in-game overlay function of software such as GeForce experience, shadow play, steam overlay, Xbox overlay, etc.

And make sure you didn't use MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner or any other monitoring and capturing software.

Close your wifi and your antivirus software.

Run skyrim and see whether the CTD is still happening.

3. Set VideoMemorySizeMb=4096 under the [MEMORY] in enblocal.ini

4. Set the compatibility of enbhost.exe, skse_loader.exe, SkyrimLauncher.exe, and TESV.exe to win 7.

5. Go to C:\Windows\System32 and look for d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll.

Copy these and paste them in your skyrim root folder(where you put the d3d9.dll)

âRun skyrim and see whether the CTD is still happening.

6. Make sure TESV.exe does not run in administrative mode.

Make sure enbhost.exe run administrative mode.

That's all, hope you guys can solve the problems successfully:)

And sorry for my bad English.

Edited by xinne948

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I know may be I am too late for this problem... but I find a solution in my case, I made all the steps a lot of times, reinstalled Skyrim a lot of times, but finally i made my ENB works... I just went to C:/Windows/System32/ and look for d3d9.dll and copied then replaced the d3d9.dll that was on my Skyrim main folder. I hope some of you find solution with this as I found.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello, I am Posting this in February 2020. INCREDIBLE that this damn Problem with "Win10-ENBd3d9.dll" still exists. One has found first comments on this, for years before and neither Microsoft nor "?" have found real Solutions. Before, With Win7 my game run like hell 100%, with ENB and fully modded. Now, I have spent weeks and nights trying and trying again out all sorts of adviceand tips; until todayI have not been able to rebuild my game (TES5LE - Win10 - + ENB). Now I came across this help and advice. I will try them out and hope and wishthat I finally reach the Goal of playing my SKYRIM LE on Win10 with ENB (Rudy) and many nice mods. For the rest I will say, I think it`s great ans fascinating how big and how helpful the Skyrim-Gamer-Community all over the world is. I will report on my result shortly.

Hello, I am Posting this in February 2020. INCREDIBLE that this damn Problem with "Win10-ENBd3d9.dll" still exists. One has found first comments on this, for years before and neither Microsoft nor "?" have found real Solutions. Before, With Win7 my game run like hell 100%, with ENB and fully modded. Now, I have spent weeks and nights trying and trying again out all sorts of adviceand tips; until todayI have not been able to rebuild my game (TES5LE - Win10 - + ENB). Now I came across this help and advice. I will try them out and hope and wishthat I finally reach the Goal of playing my SKYRIM LE on Win10 with ENB (Rudy) and many nice mods. For the rest I will say, I think it`s great ans fascinating how big and how helpful the Skyrim-Gamer-Community all over the world is. I will report on my result shortly.

Hopefully you find a way to fix this, ive also been looking for a fix for a week now!

Hi, as fast as I ound a solution I will report you, sadly, I will not ave time to work an the game the next 2 weeks. But IF I HAVE A OOD RESULT, I will know it.

Hopefully you find a way to fix this, ive also been looking for a fix for a week now!