Skyrim CTD/crashes when using enb/d3d9.dll

xinne948

Hi, as fast as I ound a solution I will report you, sadly, I will not ave time to work an the game the next 2 weeks. But IF I HAVE A OOD RESULT, I will know it.

Hello, I am Posting this in February 2020. INCREDIBLE that this damn Problem with "Win10-ENBd3d9.dll" still exists. One has found first comments on this, for years before and neither Microsoft nor "?" have found real Solutions. Before, With Win7 my game run like hell 100%, with ENB and fully modded. Now, I have spent weeks and nights trying and trying again out all sorts of adviceand tips; until todayI have not been able to rebuild my game (TES5LE - Win10 - + ENB). Now I came across this help and advice. I will try them out and hope and wishthat I finally reach the Goal of playing my SKYRIM LE on Win10 with ENB (Rudy) and many nice mods. For the rest I will say, I think it`s great ans fascinating how big and how helpful the Skyrim-Gamer-Community all over the world is. I will report on my result shortly.

Hopefully you find a way to fix this, ive also been looking for a fix for a week now!

Have you found a fix for this yet? ive tried a bunch on things from stopping backround apps to installing several different directx and c++ versions but havent found a fx yet!

• 1 month later...

I went through all steps with a fine toothed comb and none of them worked, Time stamp 9:50 PM 4/26/2020 windows 10. Skyrim SE works fine, I just tried the LE and have no luck, running the latest EMB Dll of 0419.

If I remove the Dll the game runs fine, put it back in play CTD.

Edit In; After extensive research trial and nothing but errors, I never got it working I finely discovered that the newer high end graphics cards don't play well with the directx 9 drivers specifically my GPU which is the Radeon RX 5700 XT which is equivalent to the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super. I spent countless hours troubleshooting to no avail, I think there might be some workarounds such as downgrading from directx 12 to version 9 sand maybe some other second parity software that might do the trick, I've given up and luckily I have the SE version to fall back on. the D3D11.dll plays well with the newer GPUs.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. I'm have such a problem. A bug with black shadow on ground and a CTD with a brown screen appearing randomly. Are these the consequences of using ENB ? PS I play a clean game, about 50 mods are intalled. 4 GB RAM, AMD 2.8 MHr processor, Win 10, 64 bit system. Sorry for bad English.

Thank you for sharing your experience and your advice, but unfortunately the CTD persists despite the application to all your steps. It's a shame to have to abandon such a splendid and exciting game like few others because of crashes every five minutes. I had no such problems with Oblivion and yet the decision to give up is being strengthened.

Edited by Metalfirst

Grazie per aver condiviso la tua esperienza e i tuoi consigli, ma purtroppo il CTD persiste nonostante l'applicazione di tutti i tuoi passaggi. È un peccato dover abbandonare un gioco così splendido ed emozionante come pochi altri a causa di crash ogni cinque minuti. Non ho avuto problemi del genere con Oblivion e tuttavia la decisione di rinunciare è stata rafforzata.

Edited by Metalfirst

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone,

So with regards to this issue, I was experiencing it myself and nothing was working.

I noticed somehow, that my computer wasn't picking up my AMD graphics card (at least for my monitor)

Long story short ladies and gents, two days ago we changed out HDMI to HDMI cable to one of the cables where its a Screw in/HDMI

when we did this, my computer treated it as if i was adding and ADDITIONAL monitor as opposed to just changing the cord and assigned this additional monitor to my default intel graphics card

As soon as i changed back to my previous cord (hdmi to hdmi) i was able to run skyrim again with the d3d9.dll file no problem

so if you have changed the cords you are using to connect your monitors recently, change them back to what they were before. If your system allocates the monitor you are trying to play skyrim on to your systems default graphics card (in my case it was the Intel R core 4590) then skyrim will not be able to even get to the logo before crashing.

Someone far more tech savvy than I am may be able to fill you in on how to allocate your existing monitor to your gaming specific graphics card as opposed to whatever your system default is if this is the case

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this! I got the problem that my game crashed (I changed some ENB presets and It started to crash, don't know why it started to happen) with only d3d9.dll in my folder but putting d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll and it worked I tried so many solutions and FINALLY :D

• 5 months later...