DEATH SNOW | Skyrim Overhaul

RoyalPredator

270 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your buisness in Skyrim?

• "Slaying Dragons, Draugrs, Bandits, Falmers, Trolls, Giants... and anything that will bleed!!"
    • "Mastering the knowledge of Magic, specating its nature."
    • "I'm simple. I live, I drink, I work in the farm, diggin' in the mine. Sometimes I even hunt."
    • "As a master trader, I deal with the travellers comming by. Trading goods, celebrating profit at the end."
    • "None of your buisness, if you know what I mean -.-' Do you like Daggers?"
    • "Do you have some fire salts? I could work better with that..."
    • "Aye Aye, Captain!"
    • "I just discover the world around me. Sometimes its so peaceful... right?"
  2. 2. Which feature(s) you like most? [Multiple Answers]

• Reworked Perks & Skills
    • Reworked Balance & Combat
    • Reworked Factions & NPCs
    • Expanded Skyrim
    • Unique Followers
    • New Armor Sets
    • Dinamic Events
    • RolePlay Elements
    • Balanced Consumables
    • HD Retextures

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some-why I see a lot of ambition in this mod, but at the same time, I feel like it won't see the true light of day.

But I wish you luck anyway. Who knows, maybe it will be one of the best mods. Or maybe not. Time will show.

Have you thought about revamping the Perk system? I always wanted to fix the Perksystem/Crafting because i think it's currently broken. There are a lot of mods that try to fix that but to really fix the game you would need a single mod that changes the Perks AND the crafting system so everything fits together.

I know this post is a bit tl;dr but i think i can't tell these things shorter:

These are the things i currently don't like (and i think a lot other people too):

Smithing

Smithing is way too powerful, no level requirements, easy too grind (grinding sucks, but make it harder to level would just result in grinding that sucks even more).

Improving Weapons and Armors is FAR too strong. Double Damage?!? (and even more with synergies). For Comparison: In Oblivion you could improve things by 25%.

Enchanting

Very useless skill at the beginning that becomes very powerful at the end. The dual Enchant Perk doubles the power of the whole skill at level 100.

Leveling enchanting mostly weakens you because enchanting your gear is permanent, you just can't upgrade your enchants by every skill level you get, even every 10 skill levels can be annoying.

You level up by increasing the skill but don't get benefits until you are at 100 and enchanting all your gear makes you suddenly extremely more powerfull.

Alchemy and Synergies

Alchemy is possibly the most powerfull skill in the game because of craft skill synergies. I think that it's a really bad Idea that you can Fortify crafting skills.

Possible solutions to Crafting skills:

No fortify crafting at all, no Enchants/Potions. (Including not self crafted ones.)

Level Requirements in Smithing: Creating an armor set requires a Quest or reading a Book which is only accessible when reaching the required level.

Disenchanting: Possibility to remove enchants from your items. So you can reenchant them. Would encourage players in enchanting their gear at lower skill levels.

The Perk System:

Bad things:

The 'essential' perk in every tree, the perk that directly improves the power of the skill, and for magic the Novice to Master perks. Isn't the skill itself supposed to do that?

Possible ideas

Remove the essential Perks from the tree. Those should automatically be assigned (for magic) or directly included in the skill. (Skill level boosts damage double as much.)

Another idea: complete change of perk system (would require a new menu) into a Fallout style one, without beeing bound to a single skill only. Some Perks would be automatically assigned like in oblivion where you got something like a perk each rank, while the spent perk points should add extra effects/abilities like Fallout.

Magic:

Mages are neglected in skyrim. Pure mages aren't very strong, but that doesn't mean Magic is overally weak.

Destruction: very powerfull on low levels ~1-10, becoming constantly weeker after that. Except when you have -100% mana cost enchants, then it can be ridiculously powerful.

Equipment: beeing unarmored is only a big disatvantage.

Possible Solutions:

Swapping Effects of Alchemy and Enchanting: Echants increase Power, Potions reduce cost. No permanent mana reduce except the Novice to Master perks. To counter that there needs to be a regeneration boost:

Perks in (Alteration?) that increase your magic regeneration by 50?% For eachs slot: Head, Armor, Hand, Feet; BUT gets penalty when wearing Armor. Only ~25% wiht light armor and ~15% with heavy or something like that. Resulting in values like: Full cloth: 200% faster regen. Full heavy: 60% boost. Some Kind of battlemage (3p Heavy, 1 unarmored Hood): 95%

Skill Leveling:

I think it's not good that non combat skills (absolutely no bonus in combat Strength) increase your level. For example: Pickpocket, Speechcraft, Security.

Possible Solutions: Taking some skills out of leveling OR build in a Class system like in older TES games.

Thank you for your ideas. We'll do the best. And it will be released, don't worry.

:thumbsup: Good to see people are sharing their opinions and ideas :thumbsup:

Currently, the main goal is to allow a maximum of 200% upgrade if you're using a full set of smithing gear, notched pickaxe, and an elixir.

Don't forget, you can help us by taking tasks from the list!

Its your opportunity! :D

Okay, let me help you with some of the stuff you want to make:

Arrows are x1.65 Faster

Under Gameplay/Settings in CK change fArrowMinBowVelocity from 0.7000 to 1.1550

Prices: Prices gone mostly Double on everything except Weapons and Armors. Hides and animal loots are between 35-100 coin.

Can't do that, you would have to edit A LOT of items to achieve that result which would conflict with most mods. But you can manipulate prices through these gameplay settings:

fBarterBuyMin

fBarterMax

fBarterMin

fBarterSellMax

"SHEATABLE" Shields - On the back, like in RPG games.

I think the best you could do to make this is to make it like in Oblivion:

It's not the greatest way to do it but at least it's something.

Or maybe add a script that will switch it to your back once you sheath your weapon.

And by the way, to get attention from modders, you need to give details about what you are capable of doing yourself.

For example:

What do you know about modding? Do you have any mods to show examples of your work (you don't, only one coin retex, I checked)? What tools and/or programs you know how to use (image editing, 3D modeling programs, etc.)? What will you do in the team, as in will you just boss around or will you actually do something?

Without the info, it's just another one of those "Hay guyzz, will ya join may team?" topics, though this one doesn't have a million spelling mistakes.

Edited by Werne

Command orders works, but it would be better if the pack contains itself - and you can edit it later if you want.

A simple txt to BAT is maybe enough tho.

I made many mods, and I'll show the most of them.

But in this engine, I don't know how to script, and I can't handle 3DMax yet - I will learn it if I find a good tutorial for Skyrim (Making 3D model, attach texture, pack it to working .esp)

Thanks for the advices!

As I said, its UPDATED!

News:

• Shield Sprint nerf. Normal force knockdown
  • Bards wondering around Skyrim, and can request a song for 10g
  • More song and instrument request at Bards
  • Scale fixes
  • Optional Diablo I II OST
  • REWORKED PERK LIST ATTACHED!
  • A little about me and my will.

Comming within days: Reworked Race Powers and Imperial Overhaul Details!

Would love to help out. I am currently working on overhauling magic, specifically in regards to conjuration, a tree which I love but think is broken.

Not enough bound weapon types. Archers, assassins, warriors should be able to dip into conjuration to summon bound weapons instead of using normal ones. Bound weapons shouldn't just be for mages that need to bust out a sword every once and a while.

Bound weapons don't scale quite right. At higher levels, they get progressively worse and obsolete.

Perks for bound weapons are wonky. Banishing daedra and fearing undead, along with soul trapping are great. But there should be perks for the heavy armor guys that just think it looks cool to use Bound Battleaxe and want to dip into a little magic. Something unique that specifically relates to the use of a bound weapon as a weapon, rather than a caster enhancer. Perhaps a perk that gives you three spells, allowing you summon a bound weapon and then apply one of three enchants to it with the other hand?

Necromancy is boring. The branch of the tree is pretty lame, it just has a bunch of "last longer, static health bonus, ect." perks. Perks should be exciting and fun, like giving reanimated undead a plague aura that causes the skeletons of enemies that fall within the radius to rip from their bodies and fight alongside you. Or how about consuming a filled soul gem with a spell to temporarily enhance/transform your reanimated undead?

Atronachs feel forced. What I mean by this is that maybe I want to be a destruction character that focuses on shock and dips into atromancy for the storm atronach. Well unfortunately, the storm atronach is only unlocked at much higher levels of conjuration. All three atronachs should be equal in power, but be unique in function. And caster/melee is not a function.

I am new to modding, but I have already made my first spell which I intend to incorporate into the conjuration perk tree. I would gladly be a part of this mod but I am not sure I meet the requirements as I have little experience or that my objectives are in line with those of this mod. But I can navigate my way around scripting and all the different forms fairly successfully now, the spell I have created utilizes several scripts and is fairly complex.

Would love to help out. I am currently working on overhauling magic, specifically in regards to conjuration, a tree which I love but think is broken.

Actualy I need someone who knows the Mage way. You're welcome! :thumbsup:

Can you please make a detailed perk tree for it, while keeping mind that the effectiveness should be scaled with upgrading perks?

Like I did at Warrior and Thief trees in the attached excel file.

If you're making the overall mage skills total of 90 from 86, at level 100, players can max everything.

Not a big problem if the Mage Way needs more skill anyway.