Wearable Lanterns Profile - Read/Write Failed

Nimarus

Been trying to figure this out ever sense I started trying to use the Script Extender (Alpha release, so I don't expect everything to work perfectly). Whenever I load my save for the first time using script extender, I get this message.

Wearable Lanterns Profile - Read/Write Fail

Failed to read from, or write to, your settings profile. Settings profiles store all of your WL settings. This is most likely due to not having folder read/write permissions to Skyrim/Data/SKSE. For Mod Organizer users, it would be your Mod Organizer/overwrite/SKSE directory. You can also try to run Skyrim as an Administrator.

You should resolve this problem before continuing. The author cannot fix this problem.

So, I take it I need to have some files not listed as read-only. So, I went to steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition/Data and removed "read-only" from everything within that folder (the folder and folders inside are read-only, but files inside are not read-only). I also went to Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Editon/ and did the same thing for that SKSE folder. So far, that didn't fix my problem. So, I also went to C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager and selected the SkyrimSE folder and turned off Read-only just to see if that would help any, which it didn't.

So, I'm wondering if anyone else out there knows exactly what SKSE folder it's talking about? Also, SkyrimSE.exe, SkyrimSELauncher.exe, and skse64_loader.exe are all set to run as Administrator. Odds are, there is something small I'm overlooking. Any help is appreciated.

Just noticed others are having the same problem with Wearable Lanterns running with Script Extender. It appears to be a compatibility issue with Script Extender. Figures it would be the last stone I'd turn over.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7560/?tab=4&&navtag=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrimspecialedition%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D7560%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D5269595&pUp=1

• 3 months later...

It's not an issue at all, just an annoying inconvenience you get the message every time you boot the game. Apparently, the error message seems to be the only error the mod has, as for the rest it works like it should, with both the options in the Magic Items menu as well as in the SkyUI menu working properly.

It's not an issue at all, just an annoying inconvenience you get the message every time you boot the game. Apparently, the error message seems to be the only error the mod has, as for the rest it works like it should, with both the options in the Magic Items menu as well as in the SkyUI menu working properly.

That's good to know. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

i found an easy way to solve all problems with skse64 campfire,wet and cold,frostfall , wearable lanterns and skyui in on shot only modifing the read only attributes to the folder

"src" that its part of skse64 at you skyrim se folder and using the PapyrusUtil SE mod .

I hope that works for you all too.

no more error mesages and all mods works properly.

i found an easy way to solve all problems with skse64 campfire,wet and cold,frostfall , wearable lanterns and skyui in on shot only modifing the read only attributes to the folder

"src" that its part of skse64 at you skyrim se folder and using the PapyrusUtil SE mod .

I hope that works for you all too.

no more error mesages and all mods works properly.

Your "solution" doesn't work for me. Besides, the Lanterns mod works as it should, except that you get a non-sense error message at each start/load of the game.

• 3 months later...

If you can't read the MCM menu try this trick It allowed a couple of my mods, Frostfall, Campfire and Wet and Cold to run normally again by fixing the text in the MCM menu and they make mention of Wearable Lanterns also. Good luck.

http://www.dracotorre.com/blog/frostfall-se-skse64/

Thanks for sharing - an interesting read!

• 4 months later...

Apparently the SE port doesnt recognize skyui's special edition version and when you boot the game wearable lanterns tries to find SkyUI.esp (instead of SkyUI_SE.esp). However this will only f*#@ up the MCM menu but not the gameplay.