ENB basic-Fantastic results

Majic7

I'm running a 4790K and 980TI on a GSYNC 2600 by 1440. Have no problem running 60 fps or even 72 fps with no physics problems what so ever. But I was getting really bad stutters especially exiting Whiterun and going around the bends to the main road out of town. Had stutters in other places but this was the worst. Added the basic ENB with no ENB mods and I can't believe how smooth it runs now. Running 70 mods, half are texture mods. that is all.......happy old guy. Honestly wasn't expecting such startling results.

I am just running the ENB preset. No ENB mods. Saw a post somewhere that said it seems to stabilize their game and tried it. Mannequin Replacer and a Apple Retexture are the two mods I added. I run Skyfall Estate and it has a huge amount of mannequins in it. I was doing a Vilja quest when I exited to desktop. The purpose, I was amazed that adding the ENB had such a dramatic effect on a stutter that felt like getting whacked on the side of my toons head when it happened. Just a odd Skyrim thing. Sorry it upset you so much. I should have asked you for permission to post. I made the post on the off chance it would help someone else.

There's no need to be sorry and I'm anything else but upset.

But still I have no idea what you are talking about when you say "just the ENB preset, no ENB mods" and I'm very very familiar with ENBs so I don't know how this all could help anyone.

Again: what ENB mods are you talking about?

I am talking about going to the ENB site and downloading enbseries_skyrim_v3015. That is all, no enb mods from Nexus. I am running about 70 mods, 20 model and texture, Arthmoor's patches, 4 bug fix mods, some landscape mods, and other odds and ends. I do have the 64hz stutter fix still installed but it does nothing. Searching the web for Skyrim stutter fixes turned up the post about installing enb. Since my game was close to unplayable for me I tried it and it worked. Playing on W10 Pro with latest update. Hoping this weeks update doesn't screw it up. The real test will be when I start over today after I uninstall my mods and delete a few I am not happy with. Reinstall mods and hope for the best. Sorry if this doesn't fit your world view but this is what happened. I also have SKSE installed for a few mods.