Photo

Can't login to Nexus Mod Manager (Potential Framework Issue)

framework login error cannot login system.servicemodel.web cant login unhandled exception

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

iLLMATICxKiNG

iLLMATICxKiNG

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hey all,

When I click login at the bottom of the nexus program, I receive this error:

System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.ServiceModel.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.
File name: 'System.ServiceModel.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
   at Nexus.Client.ModRepositories.Nexus.NexusModRepository.GetProxyFactory(Boolean p_booIsGatekeeper)
   at Nexus.Client.ModRepositories.Nexus.NexusModRepository.Login(String p_strUsername, String p_strPassword, Dictionary`2& p_dicTokens)

The error is a lot longer but this is the gist of it. I checked out the issues page and issue 5 says it may be a corrupt version of framework. Well...I reinstalled my .Net Framework multiple times, I reinstalled Nexus multiple times, and I even reinstalled W10 and reformatted my PC and I am STILL getting this error.

Does anybody know what is going on? I've been unable to download mods and use NMM for over four months now and I really don't know how else to install mods. I have Windows 10 creators update 1703 and in my Windows Features, framework 3.0, 3.5, and 4.7 are enabled.

I don't know what else to do at this point and it's really driving my crazy. If anything, I thought reformatting my entire PC would do the trick but nope.

Please help....

Edited by iLLMATICxKiNG, 07 October 2017 - 05:20 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: framework, login error, cannot login, system.servicemodel.web, cant login, unhandled exception

Page loaded in: 0.957 seconds