Lod issue (possibly caused by mod) in Skyrim SE on PS4

Fleetstdemon

As the title states, i'm having an issue with Skyrim SE on PS4.

Having just started a new game i was walking from Riverwood to Whiterun. Once i got to the part of the path where Whiterun is revealed i was greeted with a troubling sight. Whiterun was, well, white.

Whiterun, along with the terrain at the farthest distance, was nothing but a white silhouette. Everything was fine from close to middle distance, then fog started to take over from there and the textures got steadily worse from there to the horizon.

Having installed one or two or 88 mods, i looked for ones i had that affected fog/weather. I had two, one giving better volumetric fog effects and a version of supreme storms.

I tried disabling the fog mod 1st but it changed nothing. I then tried disabling the supreme storms mod, which i discovered had a volumetric fog .esp also, but still no change.

I'm not that far in, just completed bleak falls barrow, but i'm desperately trying to avoid a restart. I've literally played around 2,000 hours (since release) on PS3, (which as anyone who was around then knows, was an... experience...) along with many thousands of hours on PC.

Can you imagine how many times i've had to play through helgen!? With my PC being broken i'm forced to play on PS4 where theres no Alternate Start by Arthmoor :(

I remember having this issue before. I'm hoping its not a vanilla issue i solved with mods while playing on PC. I just don't remember vanilla lod looking like that.

Screenshots and a load order would be helpful. Does it only happen in Riverwood? If so - I'd look into any mod that does anything in that area of the map. Just hit the share button to take a picture of the issue, and of your load order. From there just take a USB flash drive and transfer the image to a computer and post it to Imgur. If you have no access to a computer right now, then download the PlayStation Messenger app and send the pics to another account (just create one) and then save the images to your phone (which you'll be able to get from the messenger app). Then upload them to the Imgur site, which you'll access through their app, and share the links here. Hopefully these instructions make sense.

Screenshots and a load order would be helpful. Does it only happen in Riverwood? If so - I'd look into any mod that does anything in that area of the map. Just hit the share button to take a picture of the issue, and of your load order. From there just take a USB flash drive and transfer the image to a computer and post it to Imgur. If you have no access to a computer right now, then download the PlayStation Messenger app and send the pics to another account (just create one) and then save the images to your phone (which you'll be able to get from the messenger app). Then upload them to the Imgur site, which you'll access through their app, and share the links here. Hopefully these instructions make sense.

Awesome, thx for the tips on sharing pics. I took a screenshot but was trying to upload it from the PS4. I was thinking 'surely theres a way to do this' but nope. I can't wait to build my new rig lol.

I have a laptop or tablet i can use somewhere around. I'm redecorating atm so it'll be a mission to find them lol. I take i can't export the load order? Need to type it out?

EDIT: Not sure if it happens elsewhere, i've just started a new game.

Edited by Fleetstdemon