Tags for the Neverwinter Vault

ShaunTheCrazyOne

The Neverwinter vault does not currently have a list of tags. Dark0ne has asked for suggestions from the community on this matter. Over on the Bioware social site we've been throwing around ideas. Here is the list so far:

Hoards of the Underdark required

Hordes of the Underdark

Overland Map

If "Overland Map" is included as an example of a key feature, then I would also include "Party Creation".

Regards

Ah thank god, nice to have a concise list I can use rather than having to claw the information from the 4 pages of posts on the NWN forums! :thumbsup:

The list in my first post covers all the essentials, but there have other ideas and suggestions posted both here and on the Bioware Social site. I'll do my best to keep it updated.

First off as Kaldor pointed out, I spelled Hordes of the Underdark wrong so that needs to be corrected. There are also many other suggestions and ideas floating around. I'll do my best to keep this post updated with all of them.

Tags agreed upon:

-'Custom Party Creation' under the attributes category (This is for mods or tools involving SoZ style party creation)

Tags being debated:

-Mods by level range, This could be done as Lugaid suggested using the tags 'Low Level (1-7)', 'Mid level (8-13)', 'High level (14-20)', 'Epic Level (21+)' to replace the 'past level 20' tag. We could also just add a 'Start at level 1' tag, or just leave it as is.

-'Moral Choice' tag, for mods that feature a moral choice system. It has also been suggested to add class/Alignment-Specific either instead or alongside, though since these two are antonyms that could prove redundant.

-'Crafting' tag under attribute, for mods related to crafting.

-'Wilderness Setting' to replace 'Jungle Setting'

-'ADL compatible', 'CEP compatible', and 'DWFI compatible'. Personally I have no idea what these mean, but they have been suggested.

-'Textures' under the Resources category. Textures has it's own category but it has been suggested to add a tag for it as well.

Please post and thoughs you have on these on any new ideas below.

Sorry to ask you to repeat work, but we've been picking over the tag list at the BioWare forums. This is the modified list of tags we've come up with:

Attributes:

Adult-only content

Overland Map

SoZ Party chat

Player-created Party

Low Level (1-7)

Mid level (8-13)

High level (14-19)

Epic Level (20+)

class/Alignment-Specific

Romance

Comedy

Mystery

Horror

Lighthearted

Tactical

Crafting

Moral Choice

Module Form:

No Story: Leveler

Part of a Series

Multiplayer

Linear

Multi-linear

Storytelling

Sandbox

Hack & Slash

Role-play

classic Conversion

Setting:

Wilderness Setting

Dungeon Setting

City Setting

Seafaring Setting

Forgotten Realms setting

Greyhawk setting

Ravenloft setting

Dragonlance setting

Lord of the Rings setting

Custom setting

Compatibilities:

Shadows of Undrentide required

Hordes of the Underdark required

Mask of the Betrayer required

Storm of Zehir required

Kaedrins class Pack Compatible

CEP compatible

ADL compatible

DWFI compatible

Language:

English

Spanish

Italian

French

German

Japanese

Russian

Resources:

Prefab - interior

Prefab - exterior

Day/Night Cycles

Classes

Races

Heads and Hair

Creatures

Armor and Clothing

Weapons and Items

Placeables

Textures

Music

Sounds

User interface

-'ADL compatible', 'CEP compatible', and 'DWFI compatible'. Personally I have no idea what these mean, but they have been suggested.

DMFI (not DWFI) is Dungeon Master-Friendly Initiative. Mods that follow guidelines to make them easy to be run as multiplayer sessions with a DM presiding.

Edited by Tchos

DMFI (not DWFI) is Dungeon Master-Friendly Initiative. Mods that follow guidelines to make them easy to be run as multiplayer sessions with a DM presiding.

CEP is Community Expansion Pack. It's a mod for NWN1. I think it just adds loads of objects for builders to use. I've seen it but I've only downloaded it once and didn't really need it.

I have no idea what ADL is. A phone line provider? :P

Ok, this is the final list of tags from the self-appointed Tag committee at the BioWare social site. Once the tags get worked out, I hope to put together a wiki on the nexus explaining exactly what everything means. For the curious, the CEP is a massive all-in-one hak for the NWN folks, stands for 'community expansion pack'. ADL is the NWN2 equivalent, the "Auto downloader". Right now it just works for persistent worlds, but it automatically downloads custom content for players and organizes it so that the same files can be used by many different PW's, and folks don't have to re-download stuff for every PW. There are some programming projects underway right now to extend this capability to single-player modules.

Attributes:

Adult-only content

Overland Map

SoZ Party chat

Player-created Party

Low Level (1-7)

Mid level (8-13)

High level (14-19)

Epic Level (20+)

Class/Alignment-Specific

Romance

Comedy