In combat, no enemies around

HyperManFZ

Whenever I go near or in lakeview manor the game says I am in combat even though no enemies are around. It only sometimes plays the battle music, it prevents me from doing crafting stuff/sleeping/waiting, and NPCs such as my spouse and steward enter combat mode and raise their fists, running around searching for an enemy that isn't there. There is no red dot on my compass in any direction.

I have tried no-clipping around in search of this enemy, and killed all animals in a wide area around lakeview. I tried reloading, restarting the game (quitting to desktop), and used the console command "killallactors". I even tried killing myself and reloading (to before I killed myself) as was suggested in a different forum on the web. No luck with any of these methods, game still thinks I am in combat. Although if I kill myself, then resurrect myself with the console the game no longer thinks I am in combat, however the known bug occurs when you use the resurrect console command on yourself, so this isn't really a solution.

I have gotten this too, but not just limited to Lakeview.

What I found out is IF there is anything, a wolf, lion, bear, slaughterfish, or even a Skiver or, yes deer .... that you did not see and kill, it has to either be:

... Dealt with. Trace your steps to find the " red dot " on your map and kill it.

... Save and leave game and come back in.

Once and while, you can kill another " bad guy - animal " and it will clear.

Hope this helps.

.. Jj ...

I just discovered that it was not just near lakeview, that just happened to be where I discovered it.

Your comment did make me think though, and I discovered that Serana (who was my follower at the time) had picked a fight with an entire stormcloak camp, but not with me. And they kept beating Serana into bleedout, and since she was my follower that meant I too was in combat even though I was way too far away from them for them to come after me, for my spouse and steward to go after them, or for them to appear as red dots on my compass. I teleported Serana to me and just waited for her to exit combat mode to fix my problem.

Thanks. Problem resolved.

Edited by HyperManFZ