⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Arrow Weight

thetroc

It seems there has never been a proper arrow weight mod even for Oldrim, but I'm wondering if it would be possible now that the official Survival mod does it. I don't really want to play Survival mode, but would love to have my arrows count towards my carry load. I guess it depends if the Skyrim internals were changed to allow for arrow weight or if the Survival mod does some crazy tricks.

A simple mod where each arrow weighs 0.1 would be just fine.

The arrow and lockpick weights along with the requirement to sleep in a bed to level up are coded into the game engine as core parts of survival mode. All of the other effects of the survival mod seem to be implemented via perks, scripts, etc. that it provides. So it's possible to make a very small mod that just enables those core features. You can do it yourself with a few simple steps. Start by using the Creation Kit and loading Skyrim.esm and Update.esm (from the File - Data... menu or the very first icon on the toolbar). Then after they have loaded, in the Object Window choose Global in the Miscellaneous section then right-click in the section of global variables on the right and choose New. Give your new global variable any ID you like and set its value to 1 then click OK. Next on the Gameplay menu choose Default Objects... In the window that opens find Survival Mode Enabled in the Use column and with the selection option on the right pick your new global variable. Close that window and save your new mod.

Thank you for the detailed instructions.

I followed your directions exactly and was able to create the mod, however it didn't seem to work as none of the weights were changed when loaded without Survival mode. I also noticed that the original mod I was using (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5408/?) for lockpick weight no longer works. I deleted the Survival mod from my computer to make sure it wasn't overriding something even while not loaded.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, yes, it's the toggle setting that actually enables survival mode and the enable setting that makes the toggle appear on the menu.

The basic survival mode is all or nothing. You get weight for lockpicks and ammo, a need to sleep to level up, and warmth calculations for clothing. But at least you only see warmth values they don't do anything unless you also have the survival mod installed except that NPCs will take warmth into account when choosing clothing.

Sorry, yes, it's the toggle setting that actually enables survival mode and the enable setting that makes the toggle appear on the menu.

The basic survival mode is all or nothing. You get weight for lockpicks and ammo, a need to sleep to level up, and warmth calculations for clothing. But at least you only see warmth values they don't do anything unless you also have the survival mod installed except that NPCs will take warmth into account when choosing clothing.

They should have made extra options for weights, seriously, not one big option to enable everything

Edited by khadesru