Inactive Modders

Garagorn888

There are loads of great mods on the Vault.

Unfortunately, as you're probably already aware, most of the Hall of Fame mods are no longer updated due to the modders having left the community.

Can anyone actually still contact some of the inactive modders and get them to reupload their mods on the Nexus? Just wondering because it'd be great to have all of the old mods back up on the Nexus.

I especially want this mod to be reuploaded on the Nexus:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2Textures.Detail&id=28

You only need permission to re-upload mods, you don't need to get the original author to do it if they don't want to.

I assume if they are no longer in the community they probably aren't going to care about re-uploading the file somewhere else, but they might not mind someone else doing it for them.

Hmm, a texture artist called NeilMc? It wouldn't happen to be the same person as NMC would it? (His mods are marked as "by NeilMc_NMC")

It probably is actually.

Why:

• Same Name - NeilMc
  • Same Career - Texture Artist
  • Same Level of Grammar - Brilliant
  • Same/Higher Level of Texturing Skill - Amazing

Is that why there are so few mods on NWN Nexus? Bummer. Hopefully some og the old time modders can be contacted to at least give permission for re-upload here. I may try to contact some of my favorites and see if I can get the ball rolling.