Enchantment effect suddenly doubled

TheCruxis

I recently experienced one of the weirdest bugs I've seen to date. I felt like my character was suddenly unusually strong in combat, and when I went into my inventory to check my gear all my enchantment effects had suddenly doubled. A chest piece that previously gave 50 health and 50 stamina now suddenly gave 100 health and 100 stamina. I went to an enchanting table to see if the same thing would occur if I enchanted a new item, and sure enough it did. Things that would previously give 100% magicka regeneration now gave 200%, and so on. It's only on my items though. Things like my Breton racial ability that grants 25% magic resistance has not doubled.

Weirdest thing is I've not installed a single mod in a long time so that can't really be the issue. The only thing I installed fairly recently was the SKSE64 alpha. Could that cause bugs like this? The only other thing I can think of that I did recently was gain the Vampire Lord form from the Dawnguard quest. I cannot for the life of me think why or how that would affect enchantments but I am at my wits end.

Edit: Can also add that I tested starting a new game to see if the same thing would occur, and it does not.

Edited by TheCruxis

as far as i remember the vampire lord perk "Power of the Grave" does apply to human form which is the perk that increases attributes, although i dont know if this was actually a mod that made this perk also effect the human form (it probably was thinking about it) however this perk does not effect enchantments. as for SKSE64 itself i doubt that would effect it either, as it would not touch something that could easily be edited in the creation kit, or tes5edit, but a SKSE plugin could do it. a skse plugin for this though would be pointless, because these types of edits are done via the Creation Kit, or Tes5edit, easily enough.

its either a mod, or skse plugin. but yea, its very unlikely that skse would cause this bug, especially given that its sole purpose is a script extender, which is absolutely not necessary to do simple edits like this.

their are mods that make the vampire lord perks affect the human form, which would increase the attributes, as well regeneration speed etc, so it might be that you have said mods, but because you never played a vampire lord until now, that is why you are suddenly noticing these buffs, it would be pretty easy to make the vampire lord perks, buff the human form, in fact i have done said things in the past. by making all vampire lord perks also buff the human form in 1 way or another.

somethings i used to do was make the vampire lord perks, make my human form weapons do more damage, swing faster, increase damage resistance, etc etc, as i figured the more you advanced in the vampire lord, the more powerful vampire you become, as vampire are supposed to be far superior to humans, in strength, speed, etc etc. and i use to emulate that notion in the form of vlord perks'

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out you were correct. I had a mod installed that made Vampire Lord spells, and by extension Vampire Lord perks, available in normal form. The bug did not occur right after installing the mod, it only occurred after the first time I used the Vampire Lord form. Removing the mod turned enchantments back to normal.

Edited by TheCruxis