What makes an "adult" module ?

Tsongo

The next mod I'm going to submit was rated as mature on the vault but there isn't one of them here so I'm a bit stumped.

Now it doesn't include nudity apart from some topless halflings with pierced nipples but they're not really that visible unless you zoom in ( and halflings are pretty small too ). There are also quite a lot of scantily clad women, prostitutes and some pretty nasty goings on but no actual sex or graphic stuff.

Should I just flag it as adult or stick in a warning that this is about as close to it as you can get as I don't want to put people off ?

Dark0ne.. I suppose it's the safest bet, strange thing is I think I'll have to put a warning that it's not really that "adult".

Damned if I do and damned if I don't !

Thanks for the advice it was the tag thing that got me thinking on whether I should just leave it up to the players to decide themselves.

Garagorn888.. Its a 12+ I checked on the shelf above my PC.

Edited by Tsongo

I think you should go with what you think is right. I laboured on this for ages in my mods and this was my conclusion.

In the end I think you are projecting to a middle age audience here, so the adult banner is not going to lose you fans but it will inform the less adult ones amoung us.

Beyound the limitations of the toolset I think there is little that you can do that is realy adult, you could depict nudity if you tried hard, though it is not realy worth it, and I guess you could put in lots of swearing; in reality you will need to try very hard to offend and a good warning up front will cover that.

PJ

The general rule I have followed is that since the original OC and expansions were not classified as adult-only, as long as you are not doing something beyond what they did then you are also not "adult". A house of ill repute, a suggested sexual encounter, and romantic interludes and flirting were in the OC, so they should not be "adult". Nudity or explicit sexual scenes would be.

Shaughn.. There are about half a dozen of those dryads in there too with one in the second area you come to ! However they are the only totally naked things in the whole mod.

PJ156.. Good points that's why I had it set on mature before but there isn't that option here. Thing is I've been moaned at for it not being mature enough by some people and others have slammed me for shocking topics. It's really hard to say I think I'm on the borderline.

MokahTGS.. At least I know how to spell all those words !

KaldorSilverwand.. That's the thing there isn't anything explicit but some people might get upset if it hasn't been flagged as adult if they use that as a warning system.

Anyway I uploaded the mod and stuck it to adult just to be on the safe side with a reverse warning that it wasn't really that adult if that makes sense. Only thing is I then had to register myself to look at adult content so I could find it as it disappeared. The adult tag blocks it from your view if you haven't agreed that you can handle that sort of stuff however I don't think that's doing it any harm as it's got more downloads than the one I put in two days before it !

Shaughn.. There are about half a dozen of those dryads in there too with one in the second area you come to ! However they are the only totally naked things in the whole mod.

PJ156.. Good points that's why I had it set on mature before but there isn't that option here. Thing is I've been moaned at for it not being mature enough by some people and others have slammed me for shocking topics. It's really hard to say I think I'm on the borderline.

MokahTGS.. At least I know how to spell all those words !

KaldorSilverwand.. That's the thing there isn't anything explicit but some people might get upset if it hasn't been flagged as adult if they use that as a warning system.

Anyway I uploaded the mod and stuck it to adult just to be on the safe side with a reverse warning that it wasn't really that adult if that makes sense. Only thing is I then had to register myself to look at adult content so I could find it as it disappeared. The adult tag blocks it from your view if you haven't agreed that you can handle that sort of stuff however I don't think that's doing it any harm as it's got more downloads than the one I put in two days before it !

Well, you also have to consider the fact that teenagers my age(I'm a lot more mature though) would just set themselves to see adult content anyway.

The whole 'adult content' argument's stupid anyway because if you want to avoid it, it's not hard to click another link on the page and navigate away within seconds. Unless a kid's parents are total and utter retards, it doesn't really matter.