Waking up in an unfamiliar land....alternative start?

HokeyPokeyPotato

I've always had this stupid idea for an alternative start.....

Your character was living life as normal in our own reality, but some freak accident happens...and they wake up cold, naked, and alone in the wilderness. Upon seeing something that only exists in myth (such as a troll or a dragon flying over *cough*Alduin*cough* They realize they aren't on earth anymore....but some new unfamiliar reality/dimension/etc

I like to use Arthmoor's Live Another Life * among other mods, and I don't know how would would make it so you aren't Dragonborn....because some random human from a different dimesions would most certainly not be.... All-together....I can't mod....but I'd like to throw this idea out there in case someone else, who can mod, is interested....

Because I am a peasant....I have plain old skyrim with no dlc....no special edition, no dawnguard, dragonborn, hearthfire, etc.... if that would make a difference...

*I realize the link says Special Edition Skyrim, but I can't seem to find the plain skyrim one that I have installed

Edited by HokeyPokeyPotato

If you use LAL, as long as you never get around to going to Helgen the main quest never starts, so you aren't the dragonborn. You can't finish the Civil War that way, but that's about the only restriction I've noticed.

I'm wondering what the practical difference is between your suggested start and using the "attacked and left for dead" alternate start. It seems like it would be the same thing with roleplaying flavor, which 90% happens on the outside of the computer screen anyway.

Left for dead starts are great for this. As long as you carefully avoid getting near Helgen you'll never recognized as dragonborn.

But more importantly why couldn't the person somehow pulled from another dimension be dragonborn. The most reasonable explanation for why someone would switch realities is the intervention of some god. Or maybe everyone on Earth is dragonborn but since there are no dragons here there's no way to know it.

Personally I find it more believable that the earthling would be dragonborn than start with the ability to use magic.

Maybe you could use "Sky Unbound". You can choose not to be a Dragonborn, configure where you "spawn", outfit, gear, wealth, etc. Of course, you could set all these features to "random" and enjoy this new way to play Skyrim.

Edited by AndersGame

• 3 years later...

I've had this idea as well. I love portal fantasies (bog-normal Earthling ends up in other world(s)) and all the pieces are available for this with Skyrim+Mods.

Live Another Life / Skyrim Unbound / Random Alt Start for setup and gear ourfit

game play mods to restrict new player use of weapons and armor (not gonna run around in steel plate swinging a great sword right away)

modern clothing mods ported to Skyrim (Fall Out clothes and skyrim university togs: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35297 ).

I just don't know how to create a LAL add-on or edit other alt start mods so character is dumped in random place with earth gear.

35297-1588123913-1199978628.jpeg