Skyrim LE Mods Tips Tricks Best Habbit - M.O. (skse,tes5edit,loot,wb) and MORE

JamestheWicked88

I'm going to try and not sound like an utter noob here. I already have modding experience (DMC4, Tales of..., FFX, and more) perhaps not a lot in something large like skyrim/oldrim. I have watched Gophers mod series and Gamerpoets so much help, read Step guide 2.10 understood most of it once playing with all programs needed. I love the Mod Organizer(M.O.), skse, tes5edit, LOOT, wyrebash(W.B.) and 3d guruENBseries< give me all your knowledge of these hahaha. I just did a 9hr crash course last night where I skipped over W.B. and LOOT at first, and things worked alright... along with another 60 mods or so of all kinds AT ONCE yeah I know not the status quo. Applied Enb and its settings 3d guru, the game booted ran loaded played well (hours) with no crashes or weird oddities just very bright and dark lighting. Now I am asking the community to help a new comer to the scene for your best practices, tips tricks, ini settings, even mods, and overall knowledge. Skyrim is on ssd with O.S. but IS NOT installed under program files.... duh and or hello.(Archer Voice) Just did a complete re-install plan to copy my game folder clean with non edits and again once completely modded to my liking.

My P.C. set up is as follows....

AMD R7 1700 3.3GHz OC

Nvidia GTX 1080 MSI Duke 8gb

480 SSD Kingston

3TB HDD WB Blue

16GB 3200MHz G.Skill

MSI Gaming Plus Pro x370

850w 80+Bronze EVGA B3

1920x1080 monitor and tv... will be going 4k black friday

I understand that modding skyrim is a game itself and will take much time. I plan to follow most of step guide, tweak it slightly I would like a realistic, darker atmosphere medieval like G.o.T/ASOFAI, Lush grass, mounds of snow, DLC like content, amazing skies, nights, storms, max depth of field, sounds, patrols, better body and face, smarter ai for enemies and citizens, better perk systems... you get where this is going right? I am forfeiting my life to SKYRIM. The rig I built, my knowledge, and the guidance of the community we can get me to a nice 150 to 170 mods clean stable playable.

Thank you to anyone who helps me in this endeavor

Edited by JamestheWicked88

To be completely honest, i'm not all that great at modding myself. but i do manage to get a game with over 100 mods running if i take the time. (currently 159 active plugins and 173 mods in SSE)

in my experience the LOOT auto sorting works quite fine, and i only have to adjust compatibility patches and such.

anything still giving issues will be most likely picked up by TES5/SSE edit. (missing master ESP's and such)

so far i've been able to get my games running with just these 2 programs (oh, and also NMM)

Most of the bother with large mod lists has been compatibility in my experience since a lot of mods touch the same things.

if you run into issues whilst modding and have nobody else to fall back on i'd be willing to take a look.

can't make any promises i'll be of any use though

I am always learning, looking to get better start basic, ini settings for stability cleaning master files with tes5edit, installing loot and progressing to skse and wyre bash. I think installing a few mods 2-4 stabiltily and utitily mods first will help ram, enb, bugs and compatibility. Is it better to start with larger mods e.g. falskaar, perk overhaul, new quests, and animation/body. Adding armors, textures and enb last? Or is it more about the balance of what mods I am looking to use? I read the authors page and posts to see about bugs and compatibility. I like the M.O. adding in the program plugins and clean mod management is a god send. I am a quick learner, Gamerpoet and Gopher make wonderful videos others as well. Once I look to build a master list I'll post it up(looking at mods now). Thank you for posting and the feedback I'll try not to pester.

• 1 month later...

Update

I've been tinkering and using M.O SKSE Loot tes5edit SPM Wrye bash. I have used the skse memory fix and enboost yet nothing changes in the memory management of RAM. Only when I tweak out the settings in the enblocal.

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=4064
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

I also get a lag or mild sutter in 3rd person when things load and sometimes in 1st person when new objects load. I can lower the ram usage with major changes not recommended by step guide. where i usage about 400 to 600 ram and about 1.5 vram. I am rather lost and frusted in getting this set up proper since I am only using like 20 mods non that are really taxing at all only patches and fixes really. I am going to need a fresh install and clean for this to work? Or is my cpu just not that powerful I am running my r7 1700 usually oc at 3.5ghz. I have watched gamerpoets videos in setting up skyrim to mod followed step and watched gophers videos as well.

Any tips and info are greatly helpful.