What is causing the obesity epidemic?

cowgirl1776

simple truth is people eat too damn much.

Most people do not need 3 meals a day..not in modern society where they sit on their butts for hours on end. If you go on an Intermittent Fasting lifestyle you will lose weight. Eat every 20 Hours, avoid sugar and you will lose tons of weight even without exercise. Just make sure you eat sensibly and eat veggies that will give you the minerals your require.

Trick is to keep your insulin levels low most of the day so your body uses your fat for fuel. Kind of like a the Keto diet but its better to include some carbs in your diet for nutritional diversity. Like a small amount of rice, beans and oatmeal.

I am not a doctor, so if you try this and fall over dead, I am not responsible... but it works

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion

The biggest problem going forward with the obesity battle might be the currently in vogue idea that fatness is something we should all just accept as normal and something that can't be helped, as if it were akin to race or gender.

No more calling fat fat any more. No more caring about physical fitness, no more striving for a 6-pack - unless it's a case of beer.

I

In my opinion

The biggest problem going forward with the obesity battle might be the currently in vogue idea that fatness is something we should all just accept as normal and something that can't be helped, as if it were akin to race or gender.

No more calling fat fat any more. No more caring about physical fitness, no more striving for a 6-pack - unless it's a case of beer.

Yeah we hit bottom when that cow was allowed to be on the cover of Cosmopolitan Magazine. Just f*#@ing pathetic what we have become.

• 9 months later...

1) We are running ourselves into the ground supporting our current standard of living.

2) Centuries of subjugation. When people are exposed to cycles of starvation, the ones that tend to store fat are more likely to survive.

3) The fruit and vegetables we are currently eating aren't the same as our grandparents ate or anything like what their grandparents ate. They have been bred to have more sugars and less fiber over the generations.

4) Last but not least, it's the same thing that killed the dinosaurs in my opinion, our DNA is running out..................

To make it short many americans are weight because the agro-food companies' bosses fill the food with grease, sugar and stuff which make people addict and because many Americans are probably too poor to buy quality food. This situation comes from a political system of concentration of powers that favors clientelism and corruption but it gets a bit away from the subject.

From a scientific perspective, there are a couple factors that I think are pretty relevant. First, we are generally hard wired to want to eat more food than we need. This is probably an evolutionary defense mechanism from when food was harder to come by. Basically, better to save those extra calories [as fat] so that when food is scarce, the body still has some source of energy. A second factor is that when people eat less, the body tends to reduce the amount of energy it burns in an attempt to conserve its energy, so people who are dieting are generally more sluggish and so on. So if someone is eating 5000 calories a day and goes on a diet to eating 2000 calories a day, at first that person will lose weight, but the body will quickly reduce the rate at which the energy is burned, so after awhile, even though that person is still eating only 2000 calories a day, he/she won't lose any more weight.

I guess starvation is the only true thinner. I got a check for some money in the mail one month. I didn't believe it was going to happen again. Went out and told all the people I had been standing on the streets with to meet me at God Fathers Pizza at dinner time that afternoon. They showed up. It cost all the money the check was in the amount of. I was back the next morning standing around waiting for Opportunity Incorporated's bus to go work for chump change.

Hard work always burns off the weight, even takes some of our muscle, if, if we're not careful and drink plenty of water.

In conclusion; as long as we've got money we will eat whenever and where ever we feel like it. If food smells good we buy the food. If it reminds me of Mom's home cooking I'd buy a plate or bowl in an instant. I even think about starving again and I get something to eat.

Take away the money and I would be right back in the slim 32 inch waist blue jeans barely hanging on because I have the belt cinched tight.

Some food we ate because Mother said it was good for us. At the table where I grew up, I often was told to eat, because there were people starving in another country. Seconds was never a thing, unless it was a Thanksgiving get together.

Also; It was always easy to stay slim because the work was hard labor. No motorized tools, shovels, pick axes, or mowers. All man powered equipment.

Now-a-days we can walk behind being pulled by, or hop on, our lawn mower. No more push and pull, push and pull to get the blades spinning so they cut the grass.

Wanna lose weight quick? Go on a liquid only diet for a couple weeks. I dropped 15 pounds in 14 days......... Not by choice mind you...... had a severe throat infection, and eating just wasn't gonna happen. Even drinking was painful. :D