CTD Around Shimmermist Cave and Fellglow Keep

Kaelith

Exactly what the title says: I was fine around Shimmermist and Fellglow Keep up until I finished the Torygg's War Horn quest where you had to place the war horn at the Shrine of Talos. Hence I'm ruling out the possibility that my mods are the culprit. Here is my load order though just in case anyone needs that to help me out

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

WARZONES - Civil Unrest.esm

JSwords.esm

Weapons and Armor Fixes.esp

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

WiS IV - Heroes & Villains.esp

Cloaks.esp

R18Pn - Eisen Platte Armor.esp

WiS IV - Dark Age.esp

WiS IV - Double fall damage.esp

WiS IV - Stealth Troubles.esp

WiS IV - Diseases.esp

WiS IV - Perks For NPCs.esp

WiS IV - NPCs Heal & Resurrect.esp

WiS IV - Bash & Power Attack.esp

WiS IV - Water Wars.esp

WiS IV - Armors & Blocks.esp

DeadlyDragons.esp

Better Dynamic Snow.esp

WiS IV - Double Arrow Damage.esp

Realistic Running Speed.esp

Better Followers - SP.esp

HousecarlWhiterun.esp

HousecarlSolitude.esp

MultipleFollowers.esp

WiS IV - Races.esp

WiS IV - Blood Coins Slow.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Is anyone else having this problem?

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly what the title says: I was fine around Shimmermist and Fellglow Keep up until I finished the Torygg's War Horn quest where you had to place the war horn at the Shrine of Talos. Hence I'm ruling out the possibility that my mods are the culprit. Here is my load order though just in case anyone needs that to help me out

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

WARZONES - Civil Unrest.esm

JSwords.esm

Weapons and Armor Fixes.esp

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

WiS IV - Heroes & Villains.esp

Cloaks.esp

R18Pn - Eisen Platte Armor.esp

WiS IV - Dark Age.esp

WiS IV - Double fall damage.esp

WiS IV - Stealth Troubles.esp

WiS IV - Diseases.esp

WiS IV - Perks For NPCs.esp

WiS IV - NPCs Heal & Resurrect.esp

WiS IV - Bash & Power Attack.esp

WiS IV - Water Wars.esp

WiS IV - Armors & Blocks.esp

DeadlyDragons.esp

Better Dynamic Snow.esp

WiS IV - Double Arrow Damage.esp

Realistic Running Speed.esp

Better Followers - SP.esp

HousecarlWhiterun.esp

HousecarlSolitude.esp

MultipleFollowers.esp

WiS IV - Races.esp

WiS IV - Blood Coins Slow.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm also crashing in the same vector. I however couldn't complete the quest because it was crashing before I could get to the shrine of talos. In every direction it's an equal distance or so from fellowglow, korvajund, whitewatch tower, etc. The game crashes to desktop on approach. I don't even get close to shimmer mist cave or talos shrine.

I did CoC to shimmermist cave. when I exited shimmer mist cave, I crashed again. I tried completing the war horn quest and crashed again. I don't have any quests in the area, nor have I ever been in that area on this current save.

I uninstalled my game and reinstalled it only using vanilla settings and it still crashed around the same area. So I think it might have to do with my savegame file.

But whatever it is, i'm baffled.

My other characters seem to be fine getting around there, I had a character who went to shimmermist cave no problem and back. It was a character I hadn't played much on, and they didn't do any main quests besides slay the first dragon.

EDIT: I notice we have some similar mods, were there any mods you installed recently which you took out of your game? Sometimes if you install a mod and then uninstall it, it leaves the game unclean and could cause a problem.

And if in your list of "reject" mods i find a similar or familiar reject mod, may we find the culprit responsible for this vector crash.

Edited by dafoose

• 3 months later...

Here is a link to my troubleshooting blog. .

http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/4751769/1/?x=0#post631601

Currently still under construction - any suggestions will be appreciated. As the blog site is only open by invitation, please make your suggestions comments or complaints by PM (Private Message) at the Nexus.

• 8 years later...